TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
......nobody Offline
Regular TeenHelper

I am a failure... - December 4th 2014, 05:01 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I self harmed again, after three weeks of being self harm free. I have a plan to end my life - I know that I should tell my counselor this, but they'll put me in the hospital yet again, three times is too many for me. I feel like a failure - I'm failing one of my classes again and I won't be able to earn my degree. I get financial aid and it pays for everything - books, classes, etc..., and I will lose my financial aid because I've been in school almost five years and have no degree to show for it. I don't graduate, I lose my aid and there goes my ability to stay in school - since I can't get loans or anything.

I suppose that I could get another job and put back some money to go back to school, and pay for my classes out of pocket, but that will take forever to do I'm just at a loss.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: I am a failure... - December 6th 2014, 07:39 AM

Sparrow, reach out for help. Colleges have resources to help you get compassionate release and help you get through college, trust me. I have a friend that had to do inpatient treatment for her eating disorder, and our university allowed her to take it even if the semester off broke the rules of her scholarship. I also have friends who were able to withdraw from individual classes for mental health issues. Your university wants you to graduate...partly it's because they want your/the government's money, but they do really care about your success as a student, and if you're dealing with a medical issue (which INCLUDES mental illnesses), you need to receive the help.

College sucks, with or without mental illness. You deserve the treatment you need. College can always wait. You are NOT a failure.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
Closed Thread