TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fandomqueen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Arrow Getting back on track - January 12th 2015, 10:47 PM

So for the past two or three months, my life (particularly school life) has been falling apart. There are many reasons. My friend has depression, which I have been trying to help, and I've been having other body problems, and there has been a lot of distraction.

I've never been the person who would focus on schoolwork for too long, nor am I naturally motivated to overachieve. I don't study much, as I don't need to but I don't want the laziness to become a habit.

Recently, I have not been doing any of the things I have been planning to do. The girl scout Gold Award. Studying for the upcoming ACT and SAT. My health. I haven't been able to do any of it. I just lose track of time, and these atomically get pushed off of my schedule. I spend more time now wanting to lie down, be alone (I am normally an extroverted person) , watch TV. Also, I haven't been able to focus on what I am doing. My mind runs away from me.

Advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Getting back on track - January 18th 2015, 07:35 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry that you've been having a tough time.

It is great that you've been trying to help your friend. But do make sure that helping her doesn't take a toll on you. If it affects you negatively then you won't be able to help either yourself or anyone else for that matter. At times, it is okay and even necessary to step back and look after yourself.

Have you tried to make a time table? You could try to write one down and put it up at a place such that you see it multiple times a day. Or even put up more than one copy of it. Writing it down and having it in front of your eyes might motivate you to follow it. You could keep rewards for yourself such as buying a new nail polish, eating your favourite chocolate if you successfully follow the time table for say 12 hours or a day. You could have a column where you put a tick mark if you spend time doing the designated activity that hour.

As for the trouble with concentration, do you know the root cause? Have you been under stress lately? It might help you to speak to someone like a guidance counsellor in your school or even a school nurse or a teacher. They could give you the adequate support that you need. Talking about how you feel can always be helpful. Here is a list of people that you can talk to- http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...o-can-help-me/

I hope that this helps.
Please feel free to message me if you'd like to talk about anything.

Take care.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Closed Thread