TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
User Anon. Offline
Not a n00b

Music Industry - April 28th 2015, 04:12 PM

Hey!

I'm planning on becoming an entertainer, singer and songwriter. I'm only 15 now, but no harm in planning out my career, is there? Anyway.. Could any of you get me in touch with anyone in the music industry, please? I really need guidance from people who have learned from experience. People who know how it actually works. Maybe any of your friends or family members are in the music industry?

Thanks for viewing this Please reply, even though it's just to say that you don't know anyone like that. A simple "No." will do, but please don't leave without doing that It's really important to me and even a "No." will make me feel good. Don't ask why

Thanks again.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: Music Industry - April 28th 2015, 04:39 PM

Hi there

First of all: I completely agree with you on the point of leaving a comment, even it's not helpful. I hate it when loads of people read your post but no one even leaves a comment. It's so rude.

Second of all: Wow the music industry that's awesome! I'm really into my music and writing too, although I don't think I'd want to make a career out of it.

Third of all: I do know some people who have had experience in the music industry! My dad did a master degree in music and electronics, he was in a band (Giants For A Day) in his younger years, but he's never really professionally worked in the music industry, at least not for long. He went to London to try to work in some studio, but that didn't work out... I'm not sure if he'll be very willing to exchange emails and all that, but if you like you can shoot me a message and I'll answer on his behalf!

Good luck with all that!

Skye

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mahray Offline
Skittles Minion

Regular TeenHelper

Re: Music Industry - May 5th 2015, 04:00 AM

Be prepared to work very long hours for very little money, and probably work in other jobs to pay the bills If you're committed though, can be a very rewarding career. I've worked at times in the technical side of the industry, but sadly I don't have any contacts that would be actually useful for you.

Best advice is to get qualifications where you can, get experience where you can, and be really really careful about signing anything.

Feel free to email/PM/VM/whatever me if you want. I'll answer as soon as I can.

New blog - http://www.trueartisangsty.com/
Trying to keep it updated more or less daily as I write.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Music Industry - May 6th 2015, 01:18 AM

I'd recommend seeking out independent opportunities. The way the market is right now being indie is in. I would seek out some underground bands and get in touch with their managers. This way, while you might not be talking to someone to get you rich and famous, they can give you some sound advice. Otherwise, books and YouTube are great references.

Before you ignore my advice, or not, remember that even if you want to get mainstream, it's possible to do this independently. Taylor Swift fired her manager because she wanted to do what she wanted to do. Look where she is.

I'm not saying it's easy. And I'm not saying you'll get there. Just that it's possible.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lesley_J Offline
Wanderer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lesley Vos

Re: Music Industry - May 19th 2015, 02:05 PM

Well, if "No" is also important for you, I will do that)) Unfortunately, I do not know anyone from this industry to help you. I am about academic writing, eesays and blogging, not about music)) Though.... I wrote some stuff about quotes from famous guitarists:

http://takelessons.com/blog/quotes-famous-guitarists

Maybe you'll like it. this link is just to inspire you)) those who search - find! ;-)

Good luck!

Closed Thread