TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Japanese talk - May 25th 2015, 10:51 AM

Ok so tomorrow morning I have a Japanese thing where the teacher talks to us in Japanese telling us to take him to a place around the school and we have to reply and take him there. I am completely stressing out about this because I know absolutely nothing and I can't study cause it freaks me out when I look at it but not looking at it freaks me out as well so I can't do anything without freaking out. So basically I have no idea what to do. I absolutely suck at Japanese and I only did it cause I used to be good at it, obviously until my brain started rebelling against me and now I just can't concentrate on anything in Japanese, like other subjects are fine sort of but this just makes me want to bash my head against a wall. It really annoys me. If I study, I still will forget everything anyway. I just need someone to stop me freaking out about it. Maybe you guys don't even have to reply I just want to get this out. You may ignore it though.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Japanese talk - May 26th 2015, 12:14 AM

Awww yeah, I'm exactly this way with math right now. Totally freaking out because I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't, and just hoping to pass this damn thing so I can graduate and be done with this place so I can move on properly.

If you've done the best that you can and your brain is just not responding anymore, that's okay, you've done your best.

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: Japanese talk - May 26th 2015, 07:35 AM

I literally sat there the entire time just staring at him going, huh? What does this all mean???? Luckily at the end he said that that was actually just the practice so he can give us feedback on it. Which I am quite relieved of that really. Next week is the actual one.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: Japanese talk - May 26th 2015, 10:19 AM

Hey there,

If studying freaks you out, then don't think of it as studying Japanese. Think of it as trying to strike up a conversation at school with your teacher. Look at all the things you need to survive a conversation in Japanese, and don't focus on how this is part of your school curriculum.

Hope this helped somewhat

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
Closed Thread