TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Concerned about my job. - June 14th 2015, 04:27 PM

I work for a parcel company called Hermes.

Im employed by an agency and they ring me for nightshifts when they are short staffed which is ok with me. I have worked 2 night shifts so far and declined 2 I declined one of the night shifts because I worked a night shift the night before I didn't want to work because I was to tired. They rang me asking me to work for them tonight but I just can't be bothered on a Sunday is it bad that I rejected them twice? I do want to work for them but it's a horrible place to work it makes me physically cry but the thing is I with suffer social anxiety which means I don't want to work in a busy supermarket or something just yet as I'm not ready these things take time and I'm trying to overcome this.

The place is full of polish people not that I have anything against them but they are so much better at the job then me. The manager said he doesn't think I'm right for the job role because I'm not fast enough my feet hurt so much when I work for them. I'm standing for 8 hours with an 40 minute break it hurts ever bone in my feet. Don't get me wrong I do want to work it's just a horrible place for me to work. The atmosphere is really depressing it's a cold warehouse with loads of polish people playing music all night long which isn't my sort of music not that it's a problem I take my iPod anyway. They haven't paid me correctly my friend was telling me it's because they are an agency and they take money off you but they wouldn't of told me what I was getting paid and not give what was said to me. I asked my mum weather it was me having to pay tax and she said no because I don't earn enough to pay tax at the moment. I don't know weather I should work there or not it's a sucky job it really sucks. Im not ready to work with loads of people yet my anxiety problems aren't great at the moment I can't rush my mental health I will try and get it right as soon as possible. These things can't be rushed I'm getting help I just need a little bit of time which is why I thought warehouse work would suit me. I emailed the person who gave me the job regarding my wage concern and I expect a reply tomorrow I'm hoping it's not true that they have been taking my wage away with me knowing.

What are your thoughts?

Take care ~Justin~

Last edited by bringmethehorizon♥; June 14th 2015 at 05:05 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Concerned about my job. - June 14th 2015, 06:58 PM

If you really hate the job, they've already suggested that it's not a good fit for you, and you're rejecting shifts because you don't like it then it might be worth finding another job that works better. I recently got called to interview for a job (only my second interview in 8 months) and ended up cancelling it because the more I thought about it, it just didn't feel right. You can't expect to have your dream job starting out, but if you're this miserable, you'll have to decide if it's worth it. See if they'd be willing to give you a reference and then decide if you want to start looking for something else.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Concerned about my job. - June 15th 2015, 08:07 PM

Hey Justin,

It sounds like this job may not be the one for you, and that's okay. It's easy to take the first job offer that comes along, and you've given it a try and it isn't for you. Have you thought about going to the job centre for some help with employment, they may be able to help you to find a job that would suit you better. Or have you thought about maybe working in an office and taking a data entry role or something like that, something that will help to boost your confidence.

There is absolutely no shame in trying a job and saying it's not for you. You gave it a shot. Have a think about something you would like to do, even if you request some work experience from them, it may help to give you a better idea as to whether or not it is a career you would like to go into.

I wish you the best of luck and I'm always here for a chat.
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

Closed Thread