TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Could my hilarious attitude cause me problems in my new job? - September 2nd 2015, 06:15 PM

Hi everyone.

I started my new job today and people who know me know I have a really good sense of humour because of how I am I don't mean to do it it's just my personality.

One of the scenarios would be when I was in the stock room throwing stuff down stairs the regional manager said guys you may leave now and the assistant manager said "see you tomorrow Justin" I replied with "you should do haha" She laughed and said if you don't your gonna get sacked and i laughed and said yeah you will see you tomorrow. Some of the other managers from other stores were helping out and they thought I was hilarious I wasn't even doing anything I think it's just how I am and the way I say things it's all in my personality I always work my hardest. We have only been there one day which we were setting the shop up so I highly doubt the manager has any opinions on anyone yet until she sees us when the stores fully up and running on Saturday. I want to work my way up and get a manager role and I don't want my blunt attitude to make her not let me be manager. Am I over thinking that was one of many scenarios one of my other scenarios would be when I was talking to one of the other managers (not a manager at our store) We were flat packing boxes and I said can't we just dump them on the shop next door and laughed and carried on flat packing them. I'm very friendly and outgoing I have a great personality and I love a laugh which is what our company is all about even the managers were having a laugh with each other and joking about. My store manager seemed like one of those people who wanted to get the job done and not mess about she was nice but she's one of them straight to the point type of people all the other managers were having a laugh with each other and the staff we also got to know each other and made spoke about our past working history and school history to get to know each other. I'm a very mature person overall but I have a really sarky personality which 99.9% of people find hilarious I don't even mean to do it it's just in my DNA. I do know to not go over the top though I guess thats the important thing.

What are your thoughts on this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Could my hilarious attitude cause me problems in my new job? - September 2nd 2015, 06:50 PM

Hey Justin,

I think you are going to do absolutely fine in your new job! Congratulations for getting the job, they obviously hired you for a reason and saw attributes that they like in an employee. As long as you are doing your job and getting it done to the best of your ability I'm sure they aren't going to mind you having a laugh and a joke amongst yourself. The most important thing you can be is yourself, so don't over think this, just go in there and do the best you possibly can. As time goes on you'll get to see how your manager is, and you will know what she will let people get away with and what she won't, maybe she won't really mind as long as the job gets done properly and a joke doesn't go too far. I think you should stop trying to over analyse things, you're going to be fine!

Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

Closed Thread