TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

What have you achieved? - September 27th 2015, 05:39 AM

What have you achieved since you've finished school/college?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
undeleted1 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: No one

Re: What have you achieved? - September 27th 2015, 11:10 PM

Nothing lol . Well, I sense of relief that it's over...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: What have you achieved? - September 28th 2015, 09:20 AM

Since I finished school (or compulsory education), I went on to do my A-Levels (post-compulsory) and went to university.

Since finishing university....not much. I've been on here, taken a few online courses, and mainly trying to recover from depression.

Buuuuut, I am hoping to get work experience soon so that I can apply for teacher training

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: What have you achieved? - September 28th 2015, 08:17 PM

N/A, but so far in life I've achieved nothing that wasn't expected.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: What have you achieved? - September 28th 2015, 08:30 PM

I'm still working on my degree, but I've accomplished quite a bit. I've decided on a major and a career path, and I've started a job and volunteer opportunities that are similar to my career choice so I can get experience.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lesley_J Offline
Wanderer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lesley Vos

Re: What have you achieved? - September 29th 2015, 08:59 AM

university, job, published writings, moving to a big city.. well, it's enough for the moment, i suppose )))

(#7 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Re: What have you achieved? - September 29th 2015, 04:52 PM

Since I completed my GCSEs and left school at 16, I've achieved an Advanced Apprenticeship (NVQ3) in 'Children's Care, Learning and Development', with an extra qualification in 'Signing with Babies and Young Children'. I then studied A Levels at college, before starting a degree in Speech and Language Therapy, which is what I'm doing at the moment.

It's taken me a little longer than other people to begin a degree, as I was very caught up with other "life stuff" for a long time. I've had quite a few setbacks, but it's only made me more determined.

There are people on my degree course who are in their forties. It's honestly never too late to achieve your dreams.

Be kind to yourself.

Last edited by JazzyJazz; September 30th 2015 at 12:37 AM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: What have you achieved? - September 30th 2015, 02:33 AM

Done a few things I suppose. I'm finishing my 2nd degree soon. All construction related. So I'm going down that direction and have got sponsorship from a company to finish my MsC studies in the UK.

Besides that... quite a few things, but nothing that produces a certificate, which is what matters most nowadays it seems. Maybe when I get back to the UK I'll chase that a bit more. Stuff like taking on a psychology degree part time. I'm more interested in BIM modelling at the moment though.

People want fking pieces of paper with signatures and watermarks that show you've got the knowledge... when it often doesn't even mean you have it. Some people brainwash themselves on a topic the night before an exam and forget 90% of it a day later. Whatever. Can't do everything at once though.

Done very little travelling. I wanna do more travelling, in Europe at least. Maybe once the migrant stuff calms down hopefully.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: What have you achieved? - October 1st 2015, 11:29 PM

I mean, overall? A lot. I have a bachelor degree and a certificate diploma now. I have a resume that stretches on for almost 3 pages of stuff that no one will pay me for. I am in high demand in voluntary roles and in low demand to be paid. Kind of shitty really. So to compensate, I volunteer more and love it and wish it were paid. I've travelled a bunch and have veen to 5 different countries in the last 6 years. I'm also learning French, and by learning I mean I am boosting my introductory level to hopefully fluency.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread