TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

need names - November 27th 2015, 05:16 PM

Hey everyone,
So for my sociolinguistic class I'm doing a research paper in which I analyze and compare/contrast 2 interview and its transcripts. One interview needs to have one gay man plus whoever else is there should be straight. The second interview should have that same gay man but should have at least one other gay man.

I'm supposed to look for speech differences and interaction differences. Specifically if the gay person uses falsetto or characteristics that self identify as gay.

A second possible research project I would do instead and is Tue one I initially thought of is one interview with at least 2 people of Tue same gender versus a second interview with one of the same people from the fist interview but this time said person is among people of mixed gender OR one other person of opposite gender.
For this one I might also be able to just use one interview of mixed/opposite gender rather than 2 but I have to double check with my professor what she thinks or if I need a control group.

So the problem is that I don't quite watch celebrity interviews or frankly any other interviews. I need ideas, names of people I can look up and links if possible. I am lost on where to find these. I was about to do the presidential debate because I hear there were tons of interruptions lol but my professor hinted it out in class and now my friend is doing that topic so I don't want to trample on her paper by doing the same thing.

This is basically a paper using discourse analysis on the chosen interview. Any ideas fitting either of the two is greatly appreciated!
Note that I'm only asking for examples of interviews so even if you find an interview of a gsy man who doesn't use falsetto in either scenario that's okay as an example because I could mention that when I analyze it. I just need a starting point.

Thank you in advance!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Beating the odds ~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mads

Re: need names - November 28th 2015, 01:19 AM

Neil Patrick Harris is an actor who is gay. Sam Smith is another person you could possibly find interviews on.

"Don't tell me you're not beautiful. You're the kind of beautiful the blind would see if we could figure out some way to give them three seconds of sight." -- Shane Koyczan

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: need names - November 28th 2015, 05:29 AM

The following links might be able to help you :

http://www.therichest.com/expensive-lifestyle/lifestyle/top-13-gay-male-hollywood-celebrities/

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls002120861/

I hope I helped you!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Re: need names - November 28th 2015, 11:47 PM

thank you both of you. I'm still really struggling with this research project. I don't really want to do the falsetto and gay men thing and I'd much rather prefer the other idea but the falsetto is the one my professor suggested. I have spent hours doing research about falsetto and came across "gay lisp" and all I've concluded is that maybe my uncle made fun of me for having a lisp because he has issues surrounding is sexuality (that's something I knew from before) and the lisp ties in with identity for him so he is projecting that on me. Arghhh.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: need names - November 29th 2015, 12:54 AM

Jesse Tyler Fergusen (Mitchell in Modern Family)

Chris Coifer (Kurt in Glee)

Tyler Oakley (YouTuber)

Joey Graceffa (YouTuber)

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Re: need names - December 5th 2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always * View Post
Jesse Tyler Fergusen (Mitchell in Modern Family)

Chris Coifer (Kurt in Glee)

Tyler Oakley (YouTuber)

Joey Graceffa (YouTuber)
Thank you so much. I will be focusing on Tyler Oakley, which led me to finding out about Chris Coifer and Joey Graceffa. All these are very helpful. I also spoke to my professor and I feel a little better about my paper.

Closed Thread