TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Desperate - getting out of job offer - December 17th 2015, 04:25 AM

I was offered a job. Originally I thought it would be great. It would buy me time. But it's not sitting right with me. I feel horrible about it. It feels too rushed. Originally I was rejected and offered it last minute after Someone else backed out. Because of that and it being seasonal (like we were supposed to start by December 12 and I didn't even get the job offer until the 11th, but it's delayed due to weather), I feel like there won't be time to train me properly and I am not comfortable enough with my prior training almost 2 years ago to know I'll do well and, also because it's seasonal, it's not like I'll have any time to learn over a few weeks. It'll be a 3 hour training session and then be told to go now and be perfect. I also didn't bother brushing up on my previous knowledge because I had been rejected. I'm also petrified of working with groups of kids. I will probably miss out on a lot of opportunities in my actual field that'll come up in January and I have to go to a conference mid season. I mean, trust me, there are benefits to this job, but very few have to do with the job 1) is the physical fitness and sport aspect 2) is that I have no other offers. That's it. It just dawned on me that I don't want to do the job in the capacity they expect of me. But I feel like with no other offers, that people in my life will be outright pissed if I back out. I don't know what to do. It feels soooo wrong for me but I am so scared of upsetting people who've been supporting me if I give up the one offer I've had in 6 months.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: Desperate - getting out of job offer - December 23rd 2015, 11:17 AM

Hey there,

I don't have a lot to of advice so I'm mainly here to bump up your theead

I think it is good you're evaluating this new step in your life. However, are you certain that the negatives outweigh the positives? If you think anxiety is having you focus too closely on what can go wrong, I'd say to give it a shot anyway. If you feel though that this job really isn't right for you, even if your worries were put to the side for the moment then you may want to drop the offer.

Try not to think too much about what the people in your life are expecting you. Take them out of the picture and think what you truly want. Then add them back in if you want. But ultimately try not to let them drown out your own inner voice with theirs. You're you and you know what you want and this is your decision to make.

when you talk about the negatives vs the benefits, I see there are few benefits. But I also see your negative side, many can be resolved. Or maybe I'm looking too much into it.

You posted this a few days ago, so I'm wondering how things are going now. Amy updates? Also you said you start on the 12th but it got delayed. Did you end up starting? how did that go?

Closed Thread