TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Unhappy Kicked out of my fraternity - January 31st 2016, 09:23 PM

So I got into a fraternity and it lasted all of 3 hours. I got blackout drunk, yelled "fuck white people, they destroyed my city" off the front porch, and now I'm out. By the way... I'm white.
Well this is awful. I already had enough trouble making friends, and I had even more trouble talking to girls... I really thought this would help. God, I suck...

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LifeTheRonWay Offline
I live to serve
Average Joe

Name: Ron

Re: Kicked out of my fraternity - February 1st 2016, 01:01 AM

Hey there,
That sucks man. I was never really into the frat scene so I don't know how those guys feel about second chances. I feel like I remember reading something previously about you and an encounter with them. If I'm not mistaken didn't you get faded last time but they ended up driving you home?
If that's the case they sounded like cool guys who understood you just over did it a bit.

Maybe give it a little time and have a talk with them. It's possible that you just aren't on the same level as them when it comes to the booze, and whatever else you may be into at your age. It's probably best to limit your intake of such substances until you can establish and know limits for yourself. I think this would help prevent things like that from happening in the future.

- Ron

Revenge is a poison meant for others that we end up swallowing ourselves.
Vengeance is a dark light that blinds all who seek it.
The untroubled soul knows there is no justice in revenge.
The untroubled soul knows that to seek vengeance, is to seek destruction.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Kicked out of my fraternity - February 1st 2016, 02:26 AM

Well, I've had some time to think about it, and I definitely feel like I've learned something from it; limit my alcohol to an equivalent of 5 beers and just stop in all situations. Nothing good has ever happened past 7.
And no, it wasn't a question of "could I drink enough", it was just a question of, "is this guy a total fuck-up and does he represent our values". Which I don't while drunk.
I'm not gonna talk to them, the whole fraternity came to a consensus to vote me out. Theoretically I could try again next semester as a junior. But nobody rushes as a junior.
Goddammit. I turn into a total jackass when I'm drunk. I had about 3 shots of vodka coming in, an entire bottle of champaign, and basically two solo cups full of beer. Then I smashed my champaign bottle, went on my freakin anti-white rant, and proved my toughness by putting out a cigar with my hand. That hand is currently injured.
Jesus Christ, I'm stupid. Honestly I can't blame them, I was pretty destructive.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Kicked out of my fraternity - February 1st 2016, 03:37 AM

Does anyone know if there is a possibility that this could come back to haunt me from my school? Because that would be a fucking nightmare.
Edit: just texted the guy who kicked me out. Apparently they didn't tell the school. But this still makes me feel sick.

Last edited by MWF; February 1st 2016 at 04:11 AM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Everly

Re: Kicked out of my fraternity - February 8th 2016, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichWolverineFreak View Post
So I got into a fraternity and it lasted all of 3 hours. I got blackout drunk, yelled "fuck white people, they destroyed my city" off the front porch, and now I'm out. By the way... I'm white.
Well this is awful. I already had enough trouble making friends, and I had even more trouble talking to girls... I really thought this would help. God, I suck...
wow. Even when drunk, you should know better. I can understand why they kicked you out. Maybe you should try to avoid relying on substances to make you more sociable. If you want to make friends, start by being a friend. "Friends" you make just from partying aren't really friends because down the road, it'll just turn out to where the only thing in common you'd share with them is getting wasted. I have experience with this.

You messed up. It's in the past now. You can't do anything to change what happened. All you can do is move on and take it as a lesson learned. Try joining clubs or something. That's a good way to meet people who share common interests. Don't stress over making friends right away. You'll get there.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Kicked out of my fraternity - February 9th 2016, 05:14 AM

Yeah, I'm over it. My dad did the exact same thing in college minus the 'fuck white people' and my mom almost dumped him. It made me feel better.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Kicked out of my fraternity - February 10th 2016, 01:58 AM

Hopefully you've learned something from this situation. Some people (apparently you're one of them) just behave really badly when they get wasted. The important thing is that you learned from it because I know too many people who behave like total twits and never seem to figure out that they really ought to show some restraint and drink less because the "I didn't mean it, I was drunk" excuse is bull shit - it doesn't matter why you behaved badly, just that you did, and I am glad to hear that at least you're taking responsibility for it. Perhaps you can choose a different frat to be a part of that doesn't enjoy partying so much, but that's up to you and something you can mull over. Other then that, I am sure that everything will be ok. They've decided not to tell the school (why would they? they probably decided that you weren't the first to get drunk and behave like a fool, nor will you be the last, and if they reported everyone who behaved like of a fool while drunk, then they'd probably have a lot problems), so if it's settled at least you can move on and start thinking about your next socia moves

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread