TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hurricane99 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: hurricane99

Unhappy Rejection hurts. - March 30th 2016, 11:57 AM

Okay so, I don't know where I was supposed to post this so I'm posting it here.. The thing is I have entered a lot of writing competitions over the course of my life and have almost never succeeded in standing out, however all my peers and teachers think I'm the greatest writer they have ever known and I'm proud of that fact! And honestly speaking those losses never seemed like a loss to me and I am always determined to stand back up after I fall.
But recently I had entered in a competition and the results came in today and I have this feeling that I have never felt before. Rejection. I've been rejected plenty of times before but today I just feel so tired, so worn out that I feel like giving up. I know I'll get back up.. just not today. But the thing is I want to get back up today.. I just don't know how..?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
Unbreakable

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Court

Re: Rejection hurts. - March 30th 2016, 02:44 PM

Hi, I'm Coraline.

Don't give up you'll surpass this like you've surpassed rejection before. I don't know if there really is a sure fire way to get over it but you need to think to yourself 'everyone thinks I'm a good writer, so what does it matter what these people say?' And just think, JK Rowling got rejected numerous times by publishers before she had one take her books.

Is there anything you can do to distract yourself from what happened? Maybe not writing, but other things like reading, doing crafts, or if you have pets playing with them, talking to a friend outside of TH, etc...? There are numerous ways to distract yourself if you feel that that's what you need. Maybe distracting yourself will take your mind off of it and help you feel better.

Just remember, it will get better, and I know that you can get through this today, you just have to believe in yourself and trust that you will get through this and quickly.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hurricane99 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Rejection hurts. - March 30th 2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coraline View Post
Hi, I'm Coraline.

Don't give up you'll surpass this like you've surpassed rejection before. I don't know if there really is a sure fire way to get over it but you need to think to yourself 'everyone thinks I'm a good writer, so what does it matter what these people say?' And just think, JK Rowling got rejected numerous times by publishers before she had one take her books.

Is there anything you can do to distract yourself from what happened? Maybe not writing, but other things like reading, doing crafts, or if you have pets playing with them, talking to a friend outside of TH, etc...? There are numerous ways to distract yourself if you feel that that's what you need. Maybe distracting yourself will take your mind off of it and help you feel better.

Just remember, it will get better, and I know that you can get through this today, you just have to believe in yourself and trust that you will get through this and quickly.
Thank you so much for this hopeful message Caroline. I know what I think is what matters the most... but sometimes some things hurt more than they're supposed to. I can't talk about it to any friend too because I tried talking about it to one of my friends today and when I felt that she didn't care enough, I brushed it off by saying that I was playing an advance April fool's prank on her.. She apparently believed it :\

I don't know I just feel my writing is deteriorating and I'm not getting any practice and all even though I have been writing a lot. I also tried reading, but I can't seem to find the books that'd provide for me an escape from reality. When I plan to sketch I end up drawing blunders instead of the beautiful sketches I usually draw because of my indecisiveness on what to draw.. I just don't know...
I know I've done it before and I know I will do it once again.. but I don't want to feel horrible..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
Unbreakable

Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Rejection hurts. - March 30th 2016, 03:05 PM

I'm sorry that my hopeful message didn't help that much, maybe giving you one of my things to do while I feel that way helps? I go home, close myself off and listen to music, and when that doesn't help, I go for a long walk and just let myself think, let me emotions flow so that way they're not all built up. Have you tried that? Just accepting your feelings and letting them flow? Are you even holding them back though?

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

HelpLINK Mentor / Community Mentor
Forum Moderator / Community Moderator / Chat Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Hurricane99 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Rejection hurts. - March 30th 2016, 03:15 PM

I don't hold back my feelings here... but I do hold them back approximately every time in the world out there... It's kind of frustrating to have someone know my feelings.. I have trust issues even with my family so I don't really share my feelings..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
Unbreakable

Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Rejection hurts. - March 30th 2016, 03:18 PM

I'm not saying to share your feelings Try keeping them to yourself but letting them flow out from yourself, like they're actual physical items, picture yourself pulling them out and them just flowing away. I don't think that I can help you any further, and I'm sorry I'm sure another THer may have more insight

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

HelpLINK Mentor / Community Mentor
Forum Moderator / Community Moderator / Chat Moderator

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Hurricane99 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Rejection hurts. - March 30th 2016, 03:22 PM

No no, you helped a lot and honestly speaking that is a really great piece of advice I appreciate all of it dearly! <3 Thank you so much... and honestly speaking I'm sure I'll get over it.. Positivity usually runs in my blood, just sometimes my blood runs dry.. Thank you so much Coraline!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Harry24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Rejection hurts. - April 13th 2016, 07:08 AM

Hey. Don't just feel bad about it. It's all part of life. Just keep trying and I'm sure some day you'll be recognized.

Closed Thread