TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Medical/Law Transcription. - May 15th 2016, 05:32 PM

So, I'm considering going back to school for Medical Transcription. I'm also considering getting my associates for Law as well. It's a two year program, and I'm almost positive I can do all of the school work online from home.

The reason I'm wanting to do this, is because Ava will be going to school in a few years, and I want to be able to help pay for it, and not rely just on Jordan's income. That being said, I'm really considering, and I've been looking in to this for ages, so I know all the classes I would have to take, and what I would need, I just want to know if anyone has had this job before, or has been through for school for this?

I want some honest opinions about it. I've asked my own family members who do it and they love it and said they believe it would great for me so I can work from home doing something I love and won't feel so bad being away from Ava while I'm doing it.

Anyway, thanks for any advice.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Medical/Law Transcription. - May 18th 2016, 11:59 AM

I havenít done either Medical or Law transcription, and didnít even know what it was until I looked online, and I have to say, it does seem to be quite interesting

After having looked online, it does seem that most schools offer those courses online or through distance learning, so itís good that you are sure you can do the work from home. In general, I think online learning can be great as itís flexible to fit around your needs.

At the same time, some people have found it can be hard trying to find employment after the course, if itís done online. In schools that you attend in person, they may take the time to ask what you plan on doing after finishing the course and they can try to help you find employment. But online, it may be difficult as there may be less support and some have said that the online course differs to in person courses. You could try calling employers and finding out their preferences on the matter, if that might help.

Hope this helps a bit

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: Medical/Law Transcription. - May 18th 2016, 02:47 PM

Thank you, and that's honestly a great idea. I had never thought about that before.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
Closed Thread