TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Eesha123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eesha

Bad memory :/ - May 18th 2016, 06:03 PM

Hey guys, I have 'fake' biology test tomorrow on 9 topics: 1) Osmosis 2)Blood circulation/heart 3) Immunity 4) Living organisms 5) Human nutrition 6) Photosynthesis 7) Reproduction 8) Plant transport 9) Plant nutrition
I have bad memory so I've just started revising and it's not really helping. What should I do? What revision techniques should I use?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Bewiggedroom43 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kieran

Re: Bad memory :/ - May 18th 2016, 07:22 PM

Honestly. No clue. I don't remember what I did earlier today.
If the test isn't important, I'd just wing it. Granted I'm doing that for my AS levels that I'm doing this and next week.

To summarise, hypnotism.
I know I didn't mention it before but you could try it. Probably not in time for tomorrow though. Sorry. Kind of just made it worse didn't I?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Bewiggedroom43 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kieran

Re: Bad memory :/ - May 18th 2016, 07:26 PM

I just read the topics you've mentioned; and I'm somewhat able to recall them. It may be best to learn a few words and their definitions for each topic. If you see one of these words in the test it should hopefully prompt you to remember something.

Again, not very useful. I'm just going to stop now.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BreathingIn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Bad memory :/ - May 18th 2016, 09:29 PM

Hi there!

I have a horrible memory in every day life, so tests were always a challenge for me! What worked for me was making note cards. Get a pack of index cards, and on one side write your topic, and on the other side write the explanation. This is perfect for vocabulary words, and I recommend beginning there.

Make sure you know what each word means before you go any further. You can separate index cards by color (ie: blue marker for vocab words, green marker for an essay, red marker for anything you find especially challenging that you want to pay more attention to, etc...)

Make each card short, sweet, and to the point. I found that if I wrote a short definition and make sure I knew that, the rest came to my mind on the test to write an essay on it.

Writing things out really helps with memory (instead of typing). Try listening to some soft music if you feel that will help you. Snack on some little chocolate candies like M&Ms, because I found that helps me concentrate. Idk why, but it did Sometimes our teachers gave us little packs of M&Ms during finals because they believed it helped too.

Good luck on your test!!!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Fallingforyou Offline
#radpenguin
Average Joe

Name: Leonie

Re: Bad memory :/ - May 18th 2016, 09:38 PM

I agree that it would probably be best to focus on the most important facts about each topic and write down a simple explanation/definition for all the words that aren't self-explanatory, like Osmosis. When it comes to blood circulation it might help to look at an image that demonstrates how the blood is transported through the body and with living organisms you could draw a mind map of what they are characterized by, for example metabolism and responding to stimuli. All these topics seem somewhat connected to each other, so you could try to compare them by noting down the differences between human nutrition and plant nutrition and the like. Just try to make revising as interesting as possible for your brain and always remember how all these things are really worth remembering and you never know when you will have to recall them again!

Hopefully this could help a little and good luck for your test tomorrow!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Eesha123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eesha

Re: Bad memory :/ - May 18th 2016, 09:49 PM

Thanks @ Falling for you & @Breathing In I really appreciate your replies I will definitely make Flashcards/ get images and try to link them up. Thank you

Closed Thread