TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DisneyGirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Boss told another employee I'm unreliable? - July 30th 2016, 12:09 AM

Hey, I'm really frustrated right now. My friend and I recently started this job, we've really been trying out best. There is a really rude girl there, today one of the other employees was laughing telling me all of the stuff Her and the rude girl say about my friend and I. They were making fun of me, calling me dumb apparently and making fun of my hair, really not sure why. I just fake laughed acting like it didn't bother me but it definitely does. I've been nothing but nice, I don't understand why they would make fun of me like that or my friend. The owners backstab everyone and run their mouths saying bad things about all of the employees. They told one girl that I'm just very unreliable. It's a huge slap in the face, I've tried my absolute best when I'm there, I've come in every single day extra she's asked, worked long hours and stayed way after to help her. Wednesday I came in and helped out all day even though i wasn't scheduled to work and she told me it would only be for a couple of hours. She ended up leaving so I had to work the entire shift. And then she really has the nerve to call me unreliable? I've been there on time every single day I'm scheduled to work and most of the time I'm way too early! She ran around telling everyone that I didn't show up to work one day and I wasn't even on the schedule to work! They are in a really bad spot right now, many workers are quitting and from what I've heard it's because of how they are treated. I'm tired of being treated like garbage by everyone there, my friend and I both want to quit but i would never quit and leave the owners hanging in a tough time like this, I'm just really upset. My friend told me we should just quit and leave them hanging with so few employees because they would deserve it, but I know that that's not the right thing to do and I would never do that.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Boss told another employee I'm unreliable? - July 30th 2016, 08:47 PM

You'd be surprised by how common these sorts of things are, especially in retail. More often then not, bad owners / managers have a trickle down affect and lead to bad behaviour by other employees (who are probably dicks regardless but see no reason to reign it in when their bosses are also dicks). You can get a new job if you want, especially if you don't think you'll be able to constructively deal with this issues. No one would blame you. Or you can confront it directly and basically ask why your boss would say your unreliable when you do X or Y. Maybe she's being a bitch OR maybe she has her reasons that were left out, without context things make a big difference, like maybe when you started, you were inconsistent and led to her saying your unreliable, something like that, and your fellow employee decided to make it sound like this is just a thing tou always are. Your boss can tell you why she said this. And you can tell those girls they're being rude next time something comes up

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dominant Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Dom

Re: Boss told another employee I'm unreliable? - July 31st 2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGirl View Post
Hey, I'm really frustrated right now. My friend and I recently started this job, we've really been trying out best. There is a really rude girl there, today one of the other employees was laughing telling me all of the stuff Her and the rude girl say about my friend and I. They were making fun of me, calling me dumb apparently and making fun of my hair, really not sure why. I just fake laughed acting like it didn't bother me but it definitely does. I've been nothing but nice, I don't understand why they would make fun of me like that or my friend. The owners backstab everyone and run their mouths saying bad things about all of the employees. They told one girl that I'm just very unreliable. It's a huge slap in the face, I've tried my absolute best when I'm there, I've come in every single day extra she's asked, worked long hours and stayed way after to help her. Wednesday I came in and helped out all day even though i wasn't scheduled to work and she told me it would only be for a couple of hours. She ended up leaving so I had to work the entire shift. And then she really has the nerve to call me unreliable? I've been there on time every single day I'm scheduled to work and most of the time I'm way too early! She ran around telling everyone that I didn't show up to work one day and I wasn't even on the schedule to work! They are in a really bad spot right now, many workers are quitting and from what I've heard it's because of how they are treated. I'm tired of being treated like garbage by everyone there, my friend and I both want to quit but i would never quit and leave the owners hanging in a tough time like this, I'm just really upset. My friend told me we should just quit and leave them hanging with so few employees because they would deserve it, but I know that that's not the right thing to do and I would never do that.
This has happened to me too.
1. Ignore it and don't take hearsay at face value
2. People like to lie to get a rise out of you.

If your co-worker says manager said xyz to her about you, I think it could be bullcrap. Coworker could just be trying to get you mad.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DisneyGirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Boss told another employee I'm unreliable? - August 3rd 2016, 10:42 PM

Thank you guys for your responses! It's very crazy there right now, there are so few employees now that my friend is quitting, I'm really trying to hang on for the owners, at least until they can find new employees. Honestly it's adding a lot of stress to my life, I try my best at the job but I'm so still confused about a lot because I was never trained that well. It's just upsetting to hear that the owners are saying those things about me, I've heard them talking bad about my friend too. It kind of made me mad because they know that her and I are friends and they just don't care that I hear the crap they are saying. I honestly am starting to look into applying at other places. I just know for a fact that this job isn't for me, I understand that work is supposed to be work, it's not supposed to be a fun place but honestly this place is just causing me unimaginable stress, it's really not the kind of environment that I want to work in with all the negativity. Every time I ask questions I'm treated like I'm stupid, I heard one of the girls call me an idiot, I try not to let it get to me but it does. I really want to put in my 2 weeks notice but I would feel horrible quitting, I can't even imagine that awkward conversation with the owners. They will definitely hate me even more than they seem to right now

(#5 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: Boss told another employee I'm unreliable? - August 4th 2016, 10:34 AM

Hey there,

Have you considered having a frank discussion with the owners about what they've said about you? It's possible that they're having a tough time financially, and are thus lashing out at the people around them by saying bad things about them. I agree that you shouldn't force yourself to stay if they're treating you like this, but I respect your decision to because you're obviously a very nice and kind-hearted person. But please don't let this job bring stress on your whole life, and leave if it's really affecting you too much negatively.

Please keep us updated and feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DisneyGirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Boss told another employee I'm unreliable? - August 4th 2016, 10:29 PM

Thank you very much! Today my friend and I got into a really big argument,apparently now she isn't quitting and she's working on Saturday's still. The owner left her and I alone for awhile today and in that time she was asking if I'm going to stay. I answered honestly and just said I wasn't sure because of the things they say about us. She FREAKED out and told me that she doesn't believe me, they may say bad things about me but she doesn't think they do about her. I know for a fact that they do, the owner was saying things to me as soon as she left. I just told her that she doesn't have to believe me but that's what I know is going on. Then she yelled at me and told me that IM the reason she is quitting. We haven't talked the rest of the day, she just gave me the silent treatment, didn't even help me work. First she told me she had another job, when I asked what it was she said she can't tell me because it's with the government which I have a really hard time believing a 16 year old works for like the FBI or something. Then later in the day she said she was hired at Wendy's, I asked why she told me she worked for the government earlier then and then she just got all quiet. I really feel like this might just be it for our friendship,

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DisneyGirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Boss told another employee I'm unreliable? - August 4th 2016, 11:10 PM

She has now gotten my other friends involved in this, they were texting me telling me it's my fault she's quitting. This is such a freaking mess I wish I would have never started working with her

She told my friends things that they won't even tell me and they said it is my fault she's quitting. She told me that it was because of the hours. Maybe it is my fault, maybe I shouldn't have told her how they were talking bad about us, I just wanted her to know that she shouldn't trust anyone there. I don't know, I guess it was my fault and I guess she's going to continue to bad mouth me to all of my friends, oh well.

Closed Thread