TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Malcharion Offline
Here's to the fools who dream
Welcome me, I'm new!

My English teacher thinks I am depressed or hurting in some way. - August 23rd 2016, 02:27 AM

The cause of the situation was that I wrote a rather dark and melodramatic story about a nuclear apocalypse. School had just started(it was summer homework), and I didn't have much time to get to know the teacher. Now, out of the blue, she starts treating me completely differently. She often looks at me with concern, and has asked me multiple times if everything is alright. She even specifically said that she wanted to 'talk' to me about my piece during our conference, and twice made sure it was scheduled correctly.
How do I convince her that everything is fine? I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do, though I have spoken to one of my other teachers who said they would talk to her.

What news from the West, O wandering wind, do you
bring to me tonight?
Have you seen Boromir the Tall by moon or by starlight?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: My English teacher thinks I am depressed or hurting in some way. - August 23rd 2016, 03:04 AM

Hey there and welcome.

I think when students submit work that raises concern, it's part of their job to check in and make sure you're okay. If everything is fine, then you have nothing to hide. Be open about it, you can't make her believe you, but you have nothing to hide so just be honest about whatever she asks you and of course be respectful. It's hard to overcome a first impression, but I'd rather she investigate and have there be nothing wrong, than her not ask and there be a problem.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: My English teacher thinks I am depressed or hurting in some way. - August 23rd 2016, 12:48 PM

Hey there,

I agree with Kate*. Believe it or not, teachers do care about their students and it is actually their responsibility to make sure that their students have good well being and to protect students from any harm. Since you didn't get the chance to get to know the teacher, it sounds like this teacher is just doing her job and looking out for you.

If everything is fine, then you have nothing to hide and you can just be honest about what you wrote. But if things aren't fine, it's also ok to open up to her. There's no shame in letting someone know how you feel, or asking for help.

I know it may seem annoying- having a teacher look concerned and check up on you often, but at least you know that she is just doing her job. If anything, I'd be concerned about her not checking up on you (I want to be a teacher so I can offer both sides of the story here )

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: My English teacher thinks I am depressed or hurting in some way. - August 23rd 2016, 01:38 PM

Hey there,

I agree with the above posters that you should just be honest and explain that everything is fine. She doesn't seem to be really intrusive, so just treat her like a concerned friend!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Malcharion Offline
Here's to the fools who dream
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My English teacher thinks I am depressed or hurting in some way. - August 24th 2016, 12:19 AM

Can a moderator close this thread? The issue was taken care of. Turns out I was mistaken.

What news from the West, O wandering wind, do you
bring to me tonight?
Have you seen Boromir the Tall by moon or by starlight?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: My English teacher thinks I am depressed or hurting in some way. - August 24th 2016, 09:32 AM

Since the issue was resolved, I'll go ahead and close the thread. Feel free to start a new one or PM me, or Hiraeth, to re-open this one

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread