TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashen Offline
Not a n00b

SOS Help please - December 6th 2016, 04:53 AM

Okay, so over the summer I worked at a store back home. When I left for college in August, it was said that I'd come go back and work there next summer as well as over breaks when I'm at home. Winter break is at the end of the month, but at my college it's pretty short. I'll be getting back home December 22nd and coming back to college January 2nd.
I want to ask the manager if it's okay if I don't work while I'm home over winter break 1) because of barely being home a week and wanting to spend a little time with my mom and friends and 2) because even if I try to work then, I don't know if I'll be able to get to the store for shifts or home after shifts. I have to walk 5 miles to the bus stop and then take the bus to the store - in total it's like an hour walking and half hour bus stop, but with the way buses are scheduled, I have to leave four home four hours before my shift starts, or if it's a morning shift, I get home three hours after my shift ends. Both ways I have to wait outside for 45-70 minutes. In summer that's not that big a problem, but in winter in Pennsylvania? And the walk from the bus stop to my house isn't exactly the safest - no side walk or shoulder on the road - which can get busy depending on the time of day - for the majority of the way and having to cross a pretty busy road. I don't know how it will be in winter, especially if it rains or snows. Or if it's below freezing how safe being out in that weather for 3-4 hours straight will be.
So I want to ask the manager if it's okay if I don't work then, but I don't know how to contact her! The manager whose email I have left over the summer. Should I try to call the store and ask to speak to [insert manager's name] and if she's there talk to her about it and try to explain?
Please please please help, I'm freaking out about this.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: SOS Help please - December 6th 2016, 10:56 AM

I think that talking to the manager would be a good idea. I don't think there is anything wrong with not wanting to go into work when you have a short Christmas break and a long walk to the store. I think that calling and asking to speak to the manager is fine. If she isn't there you can ask when she will be in so that you can call than.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread