TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DisneyGirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I mess everything up - March 12th 2017, 04:42 AM

My grades are complete garbage. I haven't been doing my work and I admit, I haven't been trying half as much as I should be. My first semester I did decent, I have this teacher this year who means the absolute world to me and helps me with literally everything. I'll go through periods where I'm doing good, and then the inevitable part comes back of falling back into this hole. Lately I've been just down in the dumps, I don't know why. Ive begun skipping classes again and I'm getting in trouble but something in me just doesn't care, right now I'm failing required classes and there's pretty much no hope in passing them before the end of this school year. I might not even graduate on time next year now. Right now there's a stack of papers that I have that I should be doing but instead I've been avoiding it. I wasn't at school yesterday, the prior day I had a detention for skipping and what do I do? I do the same crap again! I get so mad at myself. I AM so mad at myself. I want to do better, I want to make my teacher proud. I don't know what's wrong with me. It's completely my fault and I know it. Anyone else felt like this when it comes to school?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: I mess everything up - March 12th 2017, 06:15 AM

>> I haven't been doing my work and I admit, I haven't been trying half as much as I should be.

- Then work harder! Hardwork will pay off one day! Dont give in to laziness and never give up fighting with it. You can work harder and get good grades just like others. I am sure you will be motivated to work harder if you can feel the joy of getting good grades

There is another possiblity, is that if you can't follow what the class is teaching, don't give up. You can always wait untill the end of the class, and ask the teacher again in detail. Then when you reach home, make sure you study them well. It is okay if you dont understand them, but never let laziness come and haunt you!

>> I have this teacher this year who means the absolute world to me and helps me with literally everything.

- Maybe you should talk to this teacher? I imagine her to be a nice and caring teacher, so I think you dont have to worry about opening up to her. I hope this is not offensive, but can you tell me what makes you feel low and energyless to do schoolwork? I don't think that you are just lazy, in fact no one are just lazy with work. They all had struggles to fight and thus feeling low to study anymore.

I know you are a good person, and I know you want to be a better person. You must have been gone through something that makes you losing hope to your studies. I hope you can open up more because I think these are the real problems that are bugging you. I believe you can be happy again, then automatically you will feel energetic again to study well. Dont let your struggles to interfere your studies and your future!

>> I want to do better, I want to make my teacher proud.

- Write this down on a piece of paper, stick it on the wall in your bedroom. Make sure you read it everyday you wake up. You are right! You are a good person, so even though you are facing so much trouble now, you still want to do better. I admire you for this. And you are right, your teacher is who you really care, and you should make her proud! You can imagine how happy your teacher will be if you are succesfull.

I want to tell you that you might think that your future is horrible and what you want to acheive is impossible. I will tell you honestly that yes, chances are very slim because you are currently behind a lot of people. But you can fix this! You can change yourself. Get up, tell yourself you need to stop being lazy. Read what you had written on the wall. You dont want to let you, your teacher, and anyone else down. Remember, you will have to work much harder than others, and you might still think that you had no chance of doing well. But I want to tell you that the chance is very slim, but its POSSIBLE. And just simply because it is possible, you should do all you can to acheive it. Dont give up right now!

You can do so much better. Really. Please don't give up, and know that you can always get help here. We will try to help you as much as we can.

(P.s: If you had problems with math classes or science classes, you can ask me through PM, I am always willing to help!)

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I mess everything up - March 12th 2017, 10:25 PM

You're sounding really uncomfortable with the fact that the work isn't getting done, and it keeps happening anyway. I'm getting the sense that something's got in the way. Is something stressful happening elsewhere in your life, right now?

Closed Thread