TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Cheating or just stupidity? - March 30th 2017, 08:46 AM

I recently BSd a presentation because I was under the impression that I knew what I was talking about on the topic. In reality, I made so many factual errors in that presentation because I threw it together in a night that the paper I have to write (tonight) contradicts it in about 17 different spots. What happens here? I already got my grade for the presentation, an 80. Now I have a paper that is vastly more informative that contradicts me repeatedly. Oh, and its not finished. I have to pull an all-nighter to write it.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Cheating or just stupidity? - March 30th 2017, 11:32 AM

Yeah, this thread can be closed down actually. I'm just gonna tell him I was speaking too fast and made one major mistake and hope I get plausible deniability for the smaller ones.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Cheating or just stupidity? - March 30th 2017, 11:54 AM

I don't think you were cheating at all since you had no intention of deliberately finding ways to get good marks e.g. plagiarising.

That said, I do understand the concern of not taking the presentation seriously and then having to write an essay which is more planned only to find that it contradicts what you have previously said.

I hope that you are able to get it sorted with your professor. I'll go ahead and close this thread now, but PM me if you want it to be re-opened!

HelpLINK Mentor ~HelpLINK Moderator~Forum Moderator ~Live Help access
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3

Closed Thread