TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~anongirl~ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: anonymousgurl

Finals coming up and I'm TERRIFIED - April 1st 2017, 01:53 AM

I am so so nervous for finals. I get scared every time I think of my math final...

I am SO SO ashamed to even write this but I failed math last year, and even though I am repeating it I have a C+ in the class right now. I'm the stupidest person ever I am so dumb like people rarely fail a class or a grade even and those that do, typically do better the next year (cuz they're basically repeating everything!).

Honestly the only reason I have a C+ in the class is because the math teacher lets us do "re-tests" if we get a certain grade (or lower) on an exam, so its a chance for us to get higher grades. But that's the only reason I have a C+ in the class, I would probably be failing again honestly if it weren't for that.

The problem is, for the final I obviously won't be able to re-test on anything cuz its a FINAL. If I get an F, I get an F. I will have failed the class all over again...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: Finals coming up and I'm TERRIFIED - April 1st 2017, 02:25 AM

Hey, I can help you with that! Do message me if you have any problems with math.

Remember, you are a hardworking person and I can tell. Don't overstress yourself, and know that you can get help from others about your studies. Like me if you wish!

And there are some online classes that you can try out. I think it has been listed before in other threads here. Check them out!

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Finals coming up and I'm TERRIFIED - April 1st 2017, 10:42 AM

You are not stupid or dumb at all. Many people fail classes and need to re-sit- I've heard of people re-sit several times. It doesn't matter how many times you re-sit, it's how you can improve that matters.

Re-sits aren't a bad thing. You get better doing a re-sit because you are having more of a chance to improve on the things you found difficult. Re-sits aside, I'm wondering if there are certain topics that you may struggle with in maths? It's good to spend time on the areas that need improving so perhaps look to see whether there are specific things you need more help with and then spend some time practicing those questions, watching maths tutorials online, doing quizzes etc.

I'm also wondering whether you could ask your teacher for help? A C+ in my mind is pass which is good, but it sounds like you are concerned that this result isn't true because of the re-sits. Perhaps being able to ask your teacher for help with the things that you want to improve on may boost your confidence in your abilities, rather than relying on the grade you get from the re-sits?

I know that finals can be scary, but I doubt that you will get an F since you are average a C. You are a hardworking person, so try believing in your ability to do well

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Re: Finals coming up and I'm TERRIFIED - April 1st 2017, 11:04 AM

Hey there, I feel you. It makes sense to blame yourself and think you're stupid for failing a class you think you should do well in, but that doesn't mean that you should!! You exemplify how much you really care about school and you sound like you work to your very best and hardest, and that's really important and great!! And honestly, the whole grading system is rigged, setting standards to make students overwork and overstress themselves to conform to a standard that's overall problematic.
Take a break and practice self care for a second. Reach out to your teachers, communication is always key!! And remember, your self worth is never determined by a letter, number, or grade. Best of luck to you!

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
~anongirl~ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: anonymousgurl

Re: Finals coming up and I'm TERRIFIED - April 5th 2017, 08:43 PM

Hi Everybody,
So it turns out the teacher was just taking a while to grade everything, but the teacher has finally entered everything into my report card and I have an F.

AN F!!!!

Now im really getting very nervous, my stomach hurts from the nervousness of finals. I know i'm gonna flunk, i just know it. I'm so so so scared and worried about my parents' reaction when they see my report card!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Finals coming up and I'm TERRIFIED - April 5th 2017, 09:32 PM

It might be worthwhile talking to your parents about your current standing in the class, and express your anxiety to them. Sometimes it's better to be upfront than to wait for them to find the truth. Have you considered using KhanAcademy or a tutor to understand the material? How much time have you been spending on your homework?

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Finals coming up and I'm TERRIFIED - April 6th 2017, 11:14 AM

I agree with Michael that it may be worth talking to your parents about your current grade and that you are really stressed over it. A lot of times, anxiety can make it difficult to concentrate, revise and feel motivated and this can be reflected in your grades.

There's still time to boost your grades before finals! Ask your teacher for help, make use of revision websites and videos or look into getting a tutor. Remember that just because you had an F it doesn't mean that you will get an F in the final.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread