TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gigisnider Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Georgia

Question any highxchoolers out there to talk about their experice in highschool? - July 19th 2017, 03:18 AM

so I'm going into 8th grade i live in the states and i want to know from people with experience how high school is like homework, mean girls, guys, how to survive basically lol

Last edited by Fading Light.; July 19th 2017 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Moving to a more specific forum. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
mrabused Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: any highxchoolers out there to talk about their experice in highschool? - July 19th 2017, 04:29 AM

High School is relatively easy, it really depends on how you make your experience out there, there's nothing to be worried about. I would say High school is that place where you really open up and you find out what you're truly capable of. And don't be afraid to make new friends.

Good Luck!

We all have issues.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
JustTheKeags Offline
Meme a Day Keeps th Feels Away
Average Joe

Name: Keagan

Re: any highxchoolers out there to talk about their experice in highschool? - July 19th 2017, 05:08 AM

high school is great. I do have three pieces of advice for you though.
1. Join marching band. Marching band is a great way to meet new people. Im shy, but I have a large number of freinds because of marching band. you will love it. trust me.

2. Stay away from drugs. This is alot harder than it sounds. I got mixed up in all kinds of drugs because I hung out with thsee wrong people.
3. Have fun. this is what matters the most. fun is good.

Keagan

(#4 (permalink)) Old
oddity Offline
A bunch of kids sharing a bod
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Team Oddity

Re: any highxchoolers out there to talk about their experice in highschool? - July 19th 2017, 12:45 PM

Try to make friends with your teachers, in high school you're able to have a much better relationship with your teachers and you can even eat in certain teacher's classrooms during lunch! Also try to make friends with the teachers no one else seems to like, it's much easier and if their class is hard then they'll be more willing to help you and if they're mean they'll be a lot nicer to you.

And clubs of any kind are great to join, some schools have all the clubs you can join listed on their website. Also no one really makes fun of you for joining and "nerdy clubs" like chess club or science club, they're actually a lot of fun! Just join whatever you like and you can always leave later.

Homework can easily get overwhelming though if you take too many hard classes. I wouldn't take too many honors or AP classes right away, we did and it was a mistake we got so stressed out. Just take some easy classes to start.

Also junior year is when you have to start trying to get it together and start worrying about college, you don't have to worry about college too much freshmen or sophomore year.

And don't bully or make fun of people for their look, sexuality, gender, disability, ect.

-Remy

Team Oddity
Those who use this:
Rex, Remy, Goat, Cally, Buggo
Click for all of us and Click for information about systems

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: any highxchoolers out there to talk about their experice in highschool? - July 19th 2017, 05:25 PM

I'd say that the main difference between high school and middle school are that the teachers aren't going to baby you as much. They're trying to prepare you for either college or a job where there might not as be as much acceptance if things are done after deadlines, etc. That being said they're still willing to help you and are normally glad when you come to them for help, rather than suffer in silence!

I've found homework amounts to vary based on the teacher but my suggestion is to stay on top of it. Keep a planner and write down all your assignments and make sure to schedule a time to do them. Remember that even if it's a project not due for two weeks, it's better to start early rather than waiting until the night before in case you run into any problems. Plus things will start to pile up if you put them off.

Try to find a group of people you really click with and hit it off with and then honestly don't worry about the rest. There will always be people who are jerks out there, but pay them no mind. You're happy doing your thing, and that's all that should matter. Who are they to ruin your fun?

I do agree with joining clubs, a sport, or some sort of activity though because this is a great way to meet new people and gain new experiences, even some that you may be able to put on a resume. Some clubs, etc can be really fun and you may find something you really like that you'd never have thought you would!

Guys? Well I never dated, so I'm bad on that one haha.

But basically go to school, do your thing, mind your own business, and you should be fine!

Closed Thread