TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
msfsteven Offline
Average Joe

So stressed :( - September 15th 2017, 10:38 PM

[intro]
So I've been having a really tough time dealing with no career path in sight, and after July it got worse. A little background, I've have contagious skin condition for 6 months and I'm all out of options and ideas, there's no cure for it if you look online (scabies topix forum) there are people who are in the same boat as me, been to dermatologists etc. for help but it's underrepresented and not researched enough so nobody can help.

[job loss:]
I worked at a frozen yogurt shop and the more I worked there, the more I hated it (job of 2 years). Due to a traumatic end to a relationship and this skin condition while also hating my job, I became unmotivated (and was not appreciated at work at all when I really tried my best and worked really hard while most barely helped) and I lost track of my times/got confused with the scheduling (sporadic and not many hours at one point) and they gave me a 3 strike warning, but I went over that when I didn't track it well, so they let me go. Since I worked so hard there for 2 years, I thought the way they did it was so inhuman, they said "they didn't need me anymore" and how i "made the kids late to their classes and didn't care or listen" which is not true, I never made anyone late to class and I did care, was just going through a hard time. I take responsibility for the time management but also acknowledge that it's been really hard for me :/

[problem:]

Now, I don't know what to do. I hate my job options so I'm forcing myself to apply to them. I can't have a relationship due to contagion. I'm going to run out of money
I just know that something has to change, I need to find something to work hard for so I can get what I want in life, but I don't know what that is. I've felt like a failure my whole life and I want to change that, but I don't know how to get there. They say in time you will figure it out, but I haven't. I left university because I was going to have to take loans, and I have no idea what to do, I've done career assessments, I've look at careers in depth, I've gone to career advisors, but nothing is coming up for me. I don't want to be a failure forever and everyday I'm being torn apart even more.
  Send a message via Skype™ to msfsteven 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: So stressed :( - September 16th 2017, 03:07 AM

Do you have a community college around you? It might be worth it to look into degrees/programs that they offer there and see if any spark your interest. Community college tends to be a bit cheaper so a lot of people can avoid getting loans. (IDK if you are in the USA). If you aren't in the usa are there any programs that your country offers that wouldn't require you to take out loans.

Taking out loans as well as my medical issues is one of the biggest reasons that I don't know that I will ever make the choice to go on to get my BA. However, there are a few programs that I am looking into at my community college.

Best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: So stressed :( - September 17th 2017, 06:24 AM

I've been without a job and it really does mess up my confidence and self-esteem.

Sorry about the skin condition that must really suck!

Is there a Department of Employment or equivalent in your area? Usually government wants people to be employed, so they make available help to get people employed, especially people with disabilities, and sounds like you'd qualify.

I got help for a long time before finding work.

And the more I worried, the worse off I became, until I worried myself so sick I ended up living in a residential treatment place for 3 months (which was actually quite nice).

After that experience, I decided I wasn't going to sweat and worry anymore, knowing that it wasn't helpful at all, and only made me worse, so I just refused to worry, and insisted that something would work out somehow. (It helped that I did have some partial support.)

Stress is just suck a killer! I have to work at keeping it at bay. Meditation, yoga, support groups, exercise, medication, doctors, it's a lot of work.

And I yearn to meet someone just like you someday. Someone who's been there, who gets it, who understands, and has real feelings, and is probably a very nice and kind and wonderful person because of it.

Closed Thread