TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxRosalinnxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rosie

Exclamation Singing in Front of the Grade - December 19th 2017, 11:41 PM

I'm not really sure if this belongs here, but here goes (BTW Concert is tomorrow, so please reply quickly):

So, I've always been a passionate singer. I guess you could call me "good" but of course I always find there's tons of room for improvement. Anyway, there are a ton of people who don't like me. Some more than others. And I have to sing in front of all of them. It's for a Christmas concert that is mandatory for our grade to go to. And mandatory for certain people to sing. I mean, I'm not the only one singing by myself. My partner already bailed on me because she thought we were going to be made fun of. I understand that it's near Christmas and people will probably forget. Except, this time, there are rumors that people will throw stuff/shout at the singers. And the same concert went on last year and kids were still talking about it for weeks after. Please give me some advice. I already know that they will be talking behind their backs about this.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Singing in Front of the Grade - December 20th 2017, 02:03 PM

Hey there,

I think it is amazing that you are doing this. It is understandable that you are feeling nervous about it especially since those types of rumors are going around. I think the first thing to remember is that a lot of the time the rumors that float around are just rumors and no one has or does anything that is being said.

That being said, if you are really nervous about the rumors maybe you could consider talking to the teacher/adult in charge of the program and let them know. It is likely that they could keep the conversation private while also ensuring that those things won't happen.

Lastly, even if the people talk about the performance for a few weeks it is very likely that something else that is 'big' will occur and they will move on to talking about that. I remember when I was in high school there were a lot of 'big' events that took place and people did talk about them for awhile but as time went on they started talking about those events less. Now, I don't think any of us remember those events and it's likely the same will happen for you.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xxRosalinnxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rosie

Re: Singing in Front of the Grade - December 20th 2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
Hey there,

I think it is amazing that you are doing this. It is understandable that you are feeling nervous about it especially since those types of rumors are going around. I think the first thing to remember is that a lot of the time the rumors that float around are just rumors and no one has or does anything that is being said.

That being said, if you are really nervous about the rumors maybe you could consider talking to the teacher/adult in charge of the program and let them know. It is likely that they could keep the conversation private while also ensuring that those things won't happen.

Lastly, even if the people talk about the performance for a few weeks it is very likely that something else that is 'big' will occur and they will move on to talking about that. I remember when I was in high school there were a lot of 'big' events that took place and people did talk about them for awhile but as time went on they started talking about those events less. Now, I don't think any of us remember those events and it's likely the same will happen for you.

Best regards.
Thank you for replying. I performed today and it went great. I don't think it could have gone any better! Of course, there were obnoxious kids making noise during it, but they missed out!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Singing in Front of the Grade - December 21st 2017, 10:24 PM

Glad to hear the concert went well! Since the problem has been resolved, I'll go ahead and close the thread. Feel free to PM me to re-open the thread

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread