TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gharis Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Stresss and everything :( - June 3rd 2009, 02:24 PM

PLEASE just bear with me, I tried to make it an easy read

Ok, little bit of a rant, but Im here to ask what to do cause I really dont know.

Put it this way, I started out, OK on intelligence, Im not going to boast, but I wasn't thick, no, I did well in my GCSEs, Alevels come along... Damn Im in trouble!

Im an artsy person and first year my dad made me take physics and maths, as well as Art and DT that I chose, because thats where my careers heading. I was adamant to drop physics but I wasnt allowed, but at the first oppertunity I dropped maths, cause of the workload and all. Now Im with physics, doing terrible, and dont sympathise, straight Us . I didnt pay attention in the first year, Im not going to understand the second.

Anyways, so now Ive finished the second year and A levels are coming up my big final exams, and yeah they are big, Im all sorted, infact ive completely finished art and one more exam to go for DT, which ive got covered but its this physics thats the problem.

Initially it was ok, I thought yeah Ill just wing it, like last year, and somehow I evded up with a D, but this year, people have really been putting me down about it, Ive shrugged it off, and made a vow to do well.

At this point, I started doing lots of work for it, I was spending a lot longer than ever before in the library just working away at revision, however come half term and that also goes down the drain, I forgot, relaxed and everything, and enjoyed my time. I also have a passion for photography andrecently this has picked up harder than ever before, Ive been posting to my flickr like mad, I usually manage at most 1 a week, Im on 3-4 a day at the moment, and really enjoying it, sitting up till 2 or 3 in the morning just sorting, editing, and playing around with photos, researching new ways of presenting, and things to do with them, and also going out once a day to go and shoot more pictures for it.

NOW... The girlfriend. Shes clever, really clever, I mean very very clever, infact, she was looking at going to Oxford at one point, however they didnt offer her the course she wanted, she got almost straight A*s at GCSE and is predicted straight As for Alevel, and for those Americans amongst us, thats god, thats like really really good lol, I currently have CCDD, and looking to drop one D to a U but hopefully boost the 2 Cs with my design work . We had a phone call today and shes said she want me to revise, to leave my camera alone, to stop everyhting and just focus on physics, for the past week, shes spent 10 hours a day revising for her exams, shes a really focused person, but me? Nooo Iv never done anything like that before. Anyways after a looong conversation I agreed to give it a go, but I can tell you now, its just not going to work. Im so, frustrated, I dont understand any of the questions, I spent over an hour and managed to do 3 tiny questions or so, LOADS of research, loads of looking things up, I did really try gave it everything, but it frustrated me, showed me how badly Im going to do, its like argh I was burning inside I just wated to scream. I ended up ripping up the two papers I was looking at.

Now Im sorry, if your stil here Ive wasted this much of your life... lol.. But heres my question, how can I just tell her I cant do it, I tried but she said it was nonsense, Kinda =/... I cant sit and revise it, my exam is in less than a week, and with such a short concentration span I just cant do it, Im so into my photography, and now I cant touch my camera for another 2 weeks :/, she'd know if I posted anything cause she knows my flickr, and yeah, I just dont know what to do. I feel really like Im letting her down, she said If you loved me youd give up your camera, but I dont get to see her cause shes so busy with exams, Im alone for 6 hours a day, and even then it just my mum who I see really, the others are all busy, Im lonely, frustrated, and the one thing Im into right now, I cant do.

Help please

Thanks

EDIT: I will also mention due to everything and the fact I want to get on in life, I am looking for a full time job, so I can start earning money, afford the things to fund my expensive hobby, maybe take it up as a career later on, but not for now, just start earning.

Last edited by gharis; June 3rd 2009 at 02:34 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Paddy Offline
Glad TH is back!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Paddy

Re: Stresss and everything :( - June 3rd 2009, 07:08 PM

Hello there.
Don't be sorry, that's what where here for, too offer you support.
You sound like, Family, Friends & Relationships are putting alot of pressure on you too do well in exams?

But remember in school we all do roughly the same lessons and the same amount of time, it's compulsrey.

Collage is far from that, These courses determine YOUR future no one elses.
So you should feel comfterble taking which subject you feel play on your strengths and that will help you later in life with careers.

I'm in a similar situation, where as i'm in collage studying a course which i hate, and is completley the oppostise too what i want too do as a career, this is lowering my motivation and work rate - so i can completley sympathise with you on this.

My advice would be too follow your dreams and goals, no one elses. this is your life and no one elses.
Don't give up your camera if you like it, Your Girlfriend isn't very nice is she..if she deprives you of your dream of you and the camera.
So Do what YOU want too do, and what you feel more comfterble doing in life and in courses wise.

Take care.
Give me a shout if you need anything.

If you live for ever?

what do you live for?

Closed Thread