TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Babity Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kaila

Talking Applied for Job - June 5th 2009, 08:04 PM

I just applied for a job at Caribou Coffee....now I'm waiting around anxiously for the results

Any tips for this point or what I should know if I get the job? I'm kinda confused on how you'd first start your job.

Compromise is not a sign of weakness. It is the strength to withstand caving to an ultimatum.
Living with one takes great strength

TH Buddy
VM me
PM me

Last time I cut myself
October 19th, 2012

(#2 (permalink)) Old
OurLovesSublime Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Applied for Job - June 5th 2009, 08:50 PM

The great thing about starting a new job is that the first couple days usually consist of training. You'll bring in some I.D., fill out some paper work (one will be tax related... looks complicated but its pretty easy), and then they'll talk to you a bit, give you some manuals, and make you watch dumb videos lol. Then they'll train you on the register and stuff before they throw you out there on your own. Starting a new job is nerve wracking before hand, but once you get started it's super easy. Good Luck!!!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Applied for Job - June 5th 2009, 10:10 PM

Hi Kaila,

Does the place you applied to have an interview session, or do they hire right from application? If there is an interview, I would suggest going over some answers to common questions employers asked, such as why you want to work there, how you deal with customer service related problems, how you work with others, etc.

If you go straight into the job, then they do make sure they train you! So don't sweat it They will teach you everything you need to know about the job and how to use the equipment.

Good luck!

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Applied for Job - June 5th 2009, 10:33 PM

Hey Kaila,

That sounds exciting if you manage to get the job! They might want to interview you but then again they might not. As Nat has suggested think of questions they might ask you. I don't think the questions will be too hard but just remember to sell yourself I bet you will do great and I really hope you get the job! Let us know how you get on :-)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Babity Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kaila

Re: Applied for Job - June 6th 2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Does the place you applied to have an interview session, or do they hire right from application? If there is an interview, I would suggest going over some answers to common questions employers asked, such as why you want to work there, how you deal with customer service related problems, how you work with others, etc.
yes it does. I'm not too nervous about the interview (I've done a few things like this before) but what if they ask a ? I don't know...should I ever ask for clarification?

Compromise is not a sign of weakness. It is the strength to withstand caving to an ultimatum.
Living with one takes great strength

TH Buddy
VM me
PM me

Last time I cut myself
October 19th, 2012

(#6 (permalink)) Old
OurLovesSublime Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Applied for Job - June 6th 2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayTKay View Post
yes it does. I'm not too nervous about the interview (I've done a few things like this before) but what if they ask a ? I don't know...should I ever ask for clarification?
I've had to ask if they could explain an interview question so that I could understand it before lol. Just say "I'm not sure I completely understand the question. Could you elaborate/clarify? Thank you." Interviewers love it when you turn it into more of a conversation about your experience as opposed to you just answering their question... then moving onto the next one, ya know what I mean?

Also, for my first job, since I didn't have any actual work experience they asked me questions pertaining to school activities. So really brush up on what clubs you been in/leadership experience/how you've helped fellow students. I feel it's okay to exaggerate a little to make your self sound extra appealing :P, but never lie on a interview question!

Closed Thread