TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

FAFSA - June 14th 2009, 01:51 AM

How much do do people usually get from their fafsa, could It be used towards a dental program?

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: FAFSA - June 14th 2009, 02:46 AM

It depends on what college or university you are going to, how much that school cost. It also depends on whether you opt to accept loans and work study as part of your aid. If you go to school to be a dental hygienist or a dentist, then yes, it can be used to cover tuition.

I am getting 30,000+ thousand in FASA for the school I am going to. Last year, I got about 3,500 for the community college I went to. It depends on how much the school costs and how much your family can afford.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: FAFSA - June 14th 2009, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
It depends on what college or university you are going to, how much that school cost. It also depends on whether you opt to accept loans and work study as part of your aid. If you go to school to be a dental hygienist or a dentist, then yes, it can be used to cover tuition.

I am getting 30,000+ thousand in FASA for the school I am going to. Last year, I got about 3,500 for the community college I went to. It depends on how much the school costs and how much your family can afford.

All I need is 4,000. And It's a dental business that trains you. How long does it take to go through... I mean, I used my dad as the source because my mom was scared to give me her social or whatever. He basically has a zero income, and I'm not receiving an income. My family was on food stamps and reduced lunch... I'm just broke. How much do you think I'm going to get?

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: FAFSA - June 14th 2009, 02:55 AM

No one can say for sure what you can get. From the sounds of it you will probably get something and then there are loans that you can take out and loans that your parents can take out if needed.

There are two types of loans that can occur subsidized and unsubsidized(I believe) One is need based and one is non-need based.

The less your parents make the more you will get in fafsa and loans. Once you fill out the fafsa you will be notified of what you will recieve and if your needs are not met completely there will either be a list of other resources on your fafsa or you can go talk to someone at the dental school you want to go to(or if you are currently going to school than the counselor at your school)

Good luck and if you need any more infor there is a website called collegeboard and that is helpful. You could also google information.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: FAFSA - June 16th 2009, 09:06 PM

Both of my parents make zero money... My dad works but I don't think he has actually checks. My mother is unemployed and on welfare... Sooo....

"Based on your EFC of 00000, you appear to be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant of up to $5350 for the 2009-2010 school year."

Does that mean I have $5,350 for school?

Last edited by Algernon; June 16th 2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: FAFSA - June 16th 2009, 09:52 PM

Not necessarily. It'll only take 3-4 business days for your FAFSA to go through, and you should receive a letter from the school shortly after that saying how much you can get in grants, subsidized, and unsubsidized loans.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: FAFSA - June 16th 2009, 09:55 PM

So I'll receive a letter? I did it online, and It said it was processed? I'm confused about the Pell Grant... I'll get my FAFSA and the Pell right?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Dasha Offline
Dude......woah.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Dasha

Re: FAFSA - June 16th 2009, 11:57 PM

I think the FAFSA just shows you what grants are available to you, I don't know if they necessarily give out money themselves.

"For is it not death nor dying that I fear. But lack of life and purpose."
-----------
Love what is mortal; hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go.
-Mary Oliver
  Send a message via AIM to Dasha Send a message via Yahoo to Dasha Send a message via Skype™ to Dasha 
Closed Thread