TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

When you're going to a new school... - June 18th 2009, 12:32 AM

Hey, I might be going to a new school next year for my Junior and Senior years. It's public, co-ed, and nearby. It's totally unlike the current private, all-girl school I've went to, which was a 20-minute drive away. This school is so close, I could walk home with a group of people I trust.

It also offers art classes and clubs that I'm interested in. Art is something I'm really good at, both on paper, with clay, and online.

How do you suppose I react to these changes on the first day? I know a few people already, but my closest friend that's going there is only going to be a freshman.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: When you're going to a new school... - June 18th 2009, 08:48 PM

You're probably going to do one of two things... Critisize every little tiny unimportant thing about the school to fuel your hate for it, or admire many things about it. I've been to... 5 schools now. My most recent one going into my sophomore year. I made fun of it in every little way, and still do, insisting that my old school is better.

My advice, get freaking involved! Be talkative, make friends soon, the works. It's so much easier to get used to a new place when you have someone to distract you if you hate it, or talk to about what you like or dont like, or just have a friend and not feel lonely. Dont worry about your friend being a freshman. I had lots of freshman and junior friends last year, and already have a few freshman friends my junior year (im taking summer gym which is mostly taken by freshman...) You'll probably get to see them in between classes, at lunch, before and after school, ext. It depends on the classes your taking if you get to be in any classes.

Since you have friends, and your not moving to a new house and new area, I dont think you wont have as hard a time as I did. =) Good luck. changing schools is always.... an adventure. Tends to be hard. But like I said, make friends be outgoing and it really wont be.

(you might have some problems catching up on credits depending on the curiculum. (cant spell...) some schools requre you to take stupid classes like 'careers' and stuff. But it wont be a big problem)

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: When you're going to a new school... - June 18th 2009, 09:47 PM

Wooh, thanks!

But, I'm guilty of criticizing little things. I criticized my old highschool (from freshman-sophomore year) on almost everything, just to blame it for my troubles. Half of my troubles are made up in my own mind.

Also, I kinda forgot to mention this, but I'm going to this school because I want to, not because I have to! I'm probably not going to hate it because I'm pretty thankful that I'm leaving my old high school behind. Thank goodness. Now, maybe I'll have friends and enough confidence to get a job.

Closed Thread