TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Now that I have it, I'm not sure I want it... - July 29th 2009, 04:39 AM

I have been going to an out-of-town school since I was young. Obviously, that has somewhat complicated things in my life, but my parents always thought and to some extent had me convinced as well that the school in this town was no good. However, after making some more friends here, I'm somewhat convinced that the school may be alright, so of course, I thought, "Why not just go to school here?" I could ride the bus, or even walk to school so I won't have to get there at like 7:20 every day due to my Mom's work schedule. I would know more people in town, so I could just walk a couple blocks to stay at a friend's house. It seems easier all around.

Two big factors, though. 1. My Dad was dead set against it. In elementary, he even had me going to a private school, and I got to go to public school "on the condition" that I only went to the out of town school, as it's one of the top-rated rural schools in the state (even though it was really because the only other private middle school is a 45 minute drive). Anyway, I talked to my Dad, and he told me that he wasn't happy about it, but it was my choice. However, he was still rather discouraging, and he's acting like I'm just doing some random act of crazy because I'm nervous about high school 2. Yeah, I'm going into my first year of high school next year. Part of me is like, "Well, awesome, this'll make high school a lot easier if it's closer!" and the other part is like, "Good luck starting at a high school where you only know like seven people." I guess it just seems like an inconvenient time to start at a new school, but it still might prove to be for the better. I'm not sure what to do, advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by Shannon; July 29th 2009 at 08:40 PM.

Closed Thread