TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BUDDY=ME=JAZZBANDGEEK
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Achava Elah

Exclamation These girls had cigarrettes... - September 1st 2009, 12:02 AM

These girls had cigarrettes in Chorus class. It was a blue box and I saw the brunette hand it to the blonde and after class I told the teacher, and I was the only one who was sitting behind them and now I'm so scared to go back to class cause I am so scared that they are going to know that I told on them. =[ Help?

"Others say there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just say Crud, there isn't... I'm stuck in this stupid revolving door..." -Me
PM me anytime you want to talk about anything.And I mean ANYTHING AT ALL!
Formerly achava_elah_18

Been in love since May 2008

Fellow SI,Autism-Spectrum,Depression,Anxiety,Musical,Trichotilloman ia Person. Basically, I'm ME!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: These girls had cigarrettes... - September 1st 2009, 12:21 AM

Eh, to be honest I'd recommend you stayed out of it. It's not like they were smoking in class, or even in school, or pushing other people into it. What they do with their own body is their problem. Smoking is not the biggest crime in the world by a long way and a lot of people are going to try it at some point, especially at 14 or above. So yes, I'd say in future stay out of it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BUDDY=ME=JAZZBANDGEEK
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Achava Elah

Re: These girls had cigarrettes... - September 1st 2009, 12:38 AM

At my school we kinda have to tell and i would be feeling worse if i hadnt and please any other advice? i am about to cry and have a panic attack pleaseeee help

"Others say there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just say Crud, there isn't... I'm stuck in this stupid revolving door..." -Me
PM me anytime you want to talk about anything.And I mean ANYTHING AT ALL!
Formerly achava_elah_18

Been in love since May 2008

Fellow SI,Autism-Spectrum,Depression,Anxiety,Musical,Trichotilloman ia Person. Basically, I'm ME!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: These girls had cigarrettes... - September 1st 2009, 01:11 AM

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I fully understand why you're so upset and worried? Is it incase the girls know you grassed them up?

They might know that you told on them, but I can't see how unless somebody saw you talking to the teacher. Even then they might not even say anything to you. No teacher would tell another student who told on the girls.
Even if they do, you could always deny that you did and think of another reason why you might have had to talk to the teacher, or say yes you did and stand up for yourself by saying you think it's wrong to smoke and innapropriate to advocate smoking by bringing cigarettes into school.

And if you have to tell at your school (why do you? No one would know if you didn't) then there really wasn't anything else you could do.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: These girls had cigarrettes... - September 1st 2009, 01:29 AM

Hey Achava. I understand why you may be nervous, but I'd try to calm down. I doubt that these girls are going to jump to the conclusion that it was you who told on them. There's a whole classroom full of kids, not to mention the teacher. Passing around cigarettes is risky, and it would be easy for someone to notice, not just the person sitting behind you.

The teacher is not going to suggest to the girls who told on them, so I wouldn't worry about that. Hey, the teacher might not even let them know it was a student who brought the whole thing to his/her attention. I wouldn't worry about what's to come. If you feel you did the right thing, then that's great. Don't worry yourself this much, I highly doubt things will turn out as badly as you seem to be imagining.

So, try to relax. I'm sure everything will work out just fine at school, and that you have nothing to worry about. Best of luck. :]

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: These girls had cigarrettes... - September 1st 2009, 02:23 AM

Maybe talk to the teacher about your concerns about possible sneak attacks?

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: These girls had cigarrettes... - September 1st 2009, 05:18 AM

Tell the teacher to report it as an anonymous source in an unspecified room/class. You can then use that to your advantage by saying that it may have not been you. The only evidence they would have it was you is if a) the teacher told them it was you, b) someone heard and saw you ratting them out or c) you told the girls it was you (this seems unlikely so it's safe to rule this one out).

As for "having to tell", no you don't. It's encouraged that you tell but you have choice over what to say and in that sense, you don't have to say anything or you can blab away. But also consider this: if you did know that the girls were having cigarettes and you didn't tell, who is going to blame you? Nobody.

In the future, as long as they're not smoking in class (in which case the teacher would've picked up on it without you intervening), then let them do what they please. If they wish to smoke outside class, then let them. They have the choice to put whatever crap in their bodies, just as you have the same choices.

You may indeed be helping them out by hopefully preventing them from smoking but it would cost you as being seen as being a tattle-tale. There's nothing to do about that other then to live with it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
lifeislost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Steph

Re: These girls had cigarrettes... - September 8th 2009, 12:40 AM

I'm a smoker, and if I was those girls, I really wouldn't care if you had told the teacher. Telling on them is not going to make them stop. Smoking is a personal choice.

And there's no such thing as "you have to tell", you have rights, you can choose to stay silent. In the future, I would stay out of it. It's not like they were smoking in school. If you have a moral issue with it, try talking to them yourself instead of going to a teacher, that just makes the situation blow up.

I turn my head to the east… I don’t see nobody by my side
I turn my head to the west… still nobody in sight
So I turn my head to the north, swallow that pill that they call pride
The old me is dead and gone, but the new me will be alright

Closed Thread