TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Job interview advice!! - December 5th 2009, 11:29 PM

I have a job interview on monday (my first ever one) for the post of teaching assistant at a primary school.. I reallly badly need this job and was wondering what advice people can give; either specific to this job title or in general!

I'm dropping out of uni because I'm injured =[ and so need a full-time job.. have applied for about 20 but only heard back from 2. I'm really worried about what I'll do if come January I don't have a job because sitting around doing nothing depressed me greatly..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reakless Emotion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Brittany

Re: Job interview advice!! - December 5th 2009, 11:39 PM

Hey!

I had a co-op at an elementary school before. I had tons of fun.

All you can really do is just be yourself. Be prepared for some of the basic interview questions, which are like: "Why do you want this position?" "Tell me about yourself." "Do you have any questions?"

Make sure you do ask a couple of questions if they ask you if you have any. Also, try and do a bit of research on the school, which could give you a bit more background knowledge about it.

Dress appropriately. A nice pair of dress pants, and a nice shirt should work.

I love job interviews. I don't know why.

If you have any other questions about them, feel free to ask

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
Brittany

And I will take you in my arms, and hold you right where you belong.
Til the day my life is through, this I promise you.121109

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Inventor Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Job interview advice!! - December 6th 2009, 03:31 AM

Relax, and answer the simple questions. Don't try to impress them be modest if you're a decent person they'll hire you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Job interview advice!! - December 7th 2009, 11:37 PM

Hey well I *thought* it went ok, but the headteacher said she'd be in touch this evening. No phone call so I'm assuming no news is bad news =[

Absolutely gutted. I know it was my first interview but I've applied so many places and thats the only one thats shortlisted me or anything =[

(#5 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Job interview advice!! - December 8th 2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinfool View Post
Hey well I *thought* it went ok, but the headteacher said she'd be in touch this evening. No phone call so I'm assuming no news is bad news =[

Absolutely gutted. I know it was my first interview but I've applied so many places and thats the only one thats shortlisted me or anything =[
I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out great, but just remind yourself that it was just one review. They shortlisted you, so they obviously saw some potential in you. Which means other places will too! Just keep applying; that's all you can do. I hope you find something soon, though!

Since the interview is over and everything, I'm going to go ahead and close this. If you need it reopened for any reason, let me know. And you're always welcome to start another thread if you have any problems.

Closed Thread