TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stained Dreamer Offline
I will not be treated that way
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Angry Spanish teacher that speaks less spanish than me???? - December 10th 2009, 10:10 PM

I'm sooooooooooo sick of my spanish teacher! She speaks WAYYYYYYY less spanish than I do, pronounces everything wrong, and frequently asks for MY HELP translating stuff!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed off about this, and I'd REALLY like to get out of her class (I'm in Spanish 3 right now, but I speak/read/understand on a Spanish 4 level/college spanish level) and test out, but I would really like to have the credit and I don't have another class that could fill that block...

I REALLY want to tell my teacher how lame she is. I'M SICK OF THIS WOMAN!!!!!! She doesn't challenge me in class, she hasn't taught me anything, and she can't teach anyone else either! We're in Spanish 3- but we're still doing SPANISH 1 WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one knows anything because she can't freakin' teach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a way that I can get out of this misery? I LOVE the language, and I don't want to give it up for the world.

I want a moment to be real
Want to touch things I don't feel
Want to hold on, and feel I belong
And how can the world want me to change?
They're the ones that stay the same
They don't know me, but I'm still here

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I dare you.
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: Spanish teacher that speaks less spanish than me???? - December 10th 2009, 11:18 PM

Maybe you can get a group of kids together that feel the same and take your case to the principal?

;Jessica.
Baby, there's no gettin' over you.

Take my heart as you head for the door;
I won't be needing it anymore.

Softball:
Because when it comes to balls, bigger is better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Spanish teacher that speaks less spanish than me???? - December 10th 2009, 11:36 PM

I agree with Jessica, talk with your principle. Is there another Spanish class you can take with another teacher?

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Spanish teacher that speaks less spanish than me???? - December 11th 2009, 02:49 AM

I would as a class talk to the principle about it and I would ask her or see if the principal would tell you, where she graduated from and what her degree was in. If her degree is in languages or thereabouts, well then it's obvious she didn't learn Spanish, however, if it isn't, then you can use that as some evidence.

More importantly though, I would get the best form of protest (other than starting a riot). Get the parents to know what is going on and have them, as well as the students go to the principal regarding that teacher. I wouldn't go alone as a group of students because you could get in some trouble but if the parents are there, maybe not all as one mob but if they all voice their complaints and perhaps go in to talk to the principal, then the principal is slipping into a deep hole. Principals generally aren't going to give the student some severe punishment if they're not breaking the rules, if the parents aren't doing something illegal and if the parents are with the students.

One last way in addition to all this is to gather all the people and threaten to bring it to the local newspaper or schoolboard or both.

But I wouldn't as one person nor as a group of students just tackle this issue myself because it may not go anywhere.

In the mean time, are there any other Spanish teachers or classes? If not, then as much as it sucks, stick in it for easy marks.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stained Dreamer Offline
I will not be treated that way
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Re: Spanish teacher that speaks less spanish than me???? - December 15th 2009, 08:38 PM

There are no other spanish teachers- and i live in a small town where no one's going to fire anyone because they know them so well (no matter how good they are at teaching). and most parents and most students don't care enough to get people together.

I want a moment to be real
Want to touch things I don't feel
Want to hold on, and feel I belong
And how can the world want me to change?
They're the ones that stay the same
They don't know me, but I'm still here

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Tearxstained Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Aly

Re: Spanish teacher that speaks less spanish than me???? - December 17th 2009, 12:40 PM

Unless you drop out theres not much you can do, I guess. You should be proud of yourself for doing so well in Spanish thats pretty sweet! Stay in it for easy marks, its only one semester, right? =D
Good luck

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why we call it the present.
<3 <3 <3
Gotta Love Kung Fu Panda !

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Lightning Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: Spanish teacher that speaks less spanish than me???? - December 19th 2009, 03:39 PM

After all this, just stay in it for easy marks. It isn't worth dropping out of a class if you know nothing would be done as what was posted above me
  Send a message via AIM to Lightning Send a message via MSN to Lightning  
Closed Thread