TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RollingThunder Offline
Your local freaky little thing
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Everyone is smart..well not me.. - December 13th 2009, 11:16 PM

Title said it all. Every fuckin person in the world gets A's. But nope..not me! I can't seem to pull my fuckin head out of my ass! Fuck school..I don't even know what else to say.

I hate school. I hate how we have to be marked up on how hard we are willing to work or what5 we are worth. It dosen't matter if you are kind or a good speaker or smart. All they care is how many times you can repeat a fuckin problem you will never use in your life. School stopped teaching me things that are useful around grade 5. After that it's just a bunch of hardass bullshit designed to weed out those who can claw harder. So I'm not organized and I am not very strong in my study skills. Why should that fuck me over when I have a billion other things to offer humanity? They need to see how I think, how smart I truely am. My SAT's were through the fuckin roof.. My intellect and IQ are grand. But becauseI can't focus I can't pull off any good grades and it pisses me off.

Can I tell others this idea? No..no fuckin way. Everyone else seems to be doing perfect. Well whoop-de-fuckin-do! I'm so happyu you are WORTH more than I am in this life. Maybe you should just step on my face and climb higher in your ladder of excellence! Oh and lets shower them in honor and gold as they rise up and ignore the filthy squabble of cows that roll blindly at their feet. Not like they have anything to offer life anyway..THEY DID BAD IN SCHOOL! It's bullshit! But it's bullshit that I can't fight!

I'm NOT organized..I'm NOT good at being focused! So all I can do is lay down and enjoy the pleasures as school fucks me over again and again! How about acting skills? Aren't those worth something? What about the ability to just feel how others do and understand and help. That worth anything? What about kindness..honesty..a sense of justice and duty. Nope, thats worth shit! All that is worth is if I can read fuckin Beowulf properly or find the radius of a fat guy's fuckin asshole.

School is bullshit. It is not school, it's a fuckin battleground where bullshit exercises test who is worth what. And if you can't dance to the proper tune you are CUT from society as WORTHLESS FILTH!

Now, I must go write an essay for some fuck who wishes to see how much bullshit I can fit on a page. Gotta go dance for her now! Have fun everyone in your own fucked up proving grounds!

Last edited by RollingThunder; December 13th 2009 at 11:34 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lightning Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: Everyone is smart..well not me.. - December 15th 2009, 11:54 PM

First off, calm down. Second off, you really should be more confident about yourself.

just talk to someone about the issues you are having. I would suggest a trusted teacher or a school counsler.
  Send a message via AIM to Lightning Send a message via MSN to Lightning  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
uglywoman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Everyone is smart..well not me.. - December 16th 2009, 09:50 AM

well, we have the same situation,
but our differences are ... you are too emotional.

i'm not smart, i'm not focus, people hate me,
my parents keep yelling at me..
i had a lot of pressure.

but i can survive trough all the problems,

you need to know, nobody is perfect and smart,
just hang on there, reduce your anger.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Everyone is smart..well not me.. - December 16th 2009, 02:55 PM

Everyone is intelligent, it's just about how much information you feed into your brain.

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Everyone is smart..well not me.. - December 16th 2009, 04:30 PM

Everyone is smart in one way or another.
I may not show up in school work or anything, but you are.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: Everyone is smart..well not me.. - December 16th 2009, 08:38 PM

Education is worthwhile, but it's not worth getting het up about. Things like kindness, honesty are appreciated by the people who really matter in life. Yes, people will judge you by your school work, but they're not worth getting frustrated with. Education isnt everything, no matter what people tell you. It's worth making an effort, but don't get dragged into the belief that your life depends on straight A's. Happiness and confidence are just as important as your education, so chill out. Your talents and qualities are sure to reward you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
RollingThunder Offline
Your local freaky little thing
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Re: Everyone is smart..well not me.. - December 17th 2009, 05:48 PM

Done a ton of thinkin and chatting with various people since this post. The day wrote it..as you can tell..I was pretty ticked. It was a bad day in general. Like, everything that COULD go wrong went wrong..and I chose school as a focus of my anger.

The fact is I just don't care anymore. I do what I do in school..and if I get C's well than I'm a C student. My main abilities lay elsewhere, so I will focuson those. Thanks to everyone who replied!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
ILoveDimaBilan Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nina

Re: Everyone is smart..well not me.. - December 17th 2009, 07:25 PM

Everyone is intelligent. But personally I don't see a point you go to school work for a piece of paper. So you can earn more piece's of paper? You might as well buy a tree and your set for life! (Joking education is the way forward in life!!)

Intelligence is everywhere and is with in everyone its how you utilize it thats the main thing and how it comes out I think test shouldn't be allowed.

I think its a good thing you vented here too swearing although not the best nor politest thing obviously is a stress relief however not to be used on a daily bases. release it out.
Speak to someone and carry on. It sucks I know. I've done it and witnessed it around me. But you intelligence will come out some way. Mine through art. Yours maybe History? English? Geography? I don't know.

But keep going the holidays are coming relax chill out and get ready for the new year.

Hope this helps
Nina

Giant owl goes...
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
- Paul Meton
- HIGNFY

Go against the rules walk on your own not behind someone else!
- Dima Bilan

The Glass of life is never half empty it is always half full
- ME

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: Everyone is smart..well not me.. - December 20th 2009, 03:48 PM

O_o
Grades are just letters.
They can not measure your intelligence.
Don't let it get you down.
Just do the best you can.
Don't worry about the A students.
They have their own way of doing things.
Just need to find a way of studying or learning that's right for you.
Find your own equilibrum.
All shall be fantastic!

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
St.Vincent Offline
Edna
I've been here a while

Name: Edna

Re: Everyone is smart..well not me.. - December 22nd 2009, 04:19 PM

I have so much to say about this. It does you no good to think that getting As is the only way to feel good about learning. I got As in high school, and now, suddenly in college--I have a C+ in one of my classes. And it's something I am good at. And I'm still good at it, even though I got a C+. Just, maybe not that specific class?

But, still, you have to pull yourself together. Set up an easy organization system, try to plan your time better. Celebrate the small victories, and when it goes to hell, try to assess why, and then move on. The stuff isn't that hard, it's the getting yourself to do it that is. And it is important--the stuff you learn in high school is pretty much general knowledge and while you might never need to do like, calculus, in real life, the concepts are not useless. Especially not if (you took the SAT so....) college is on your plans.

I am waylaid by Beauty. Who will walk
Between me and the crying of the frogs?

(My PM box is always open.. if I can't help you, I'll find someone who can)

(#11 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Everyone is smart..well not me.. - December 22nd 2009, 04:41 PM

I think you're going about this the wrong way. Turning around with "fuck school" is not going to help your situation. You may be very, very intelligent but if you're not able to perform well in exams and assessments you're not going to get the credit you deserve. Yes sometimes it sucks, but thats the way the world works - and it won't stop when you finish school, it will be all through life.

It's okay that you're not getting grade A's as long as you know that you're working your hardest and doing the best that you can do, whether this is As or Cs or Ds.

So you're not naturally organised - neither am I. You can make yourself organised. Buy a journal and right down everything you're set each day with when it was due. When you get home right it up everything that you need to do on a noticeboard and decide what you're going to do that night and when you're going to do the rest.

Not focused ... well yeah that's a problem. But there are ways to overcome it. Namely, not getting frustrated and put off when you don't immediately succeed but keeping on going and giving it your best shot.

Closed Thread