TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tess* Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tess

rant. losing my job. - January 13th 2010, 11:56 PM

Hope I put this in the right place.
Long story short, the store I'm working at is closing. We're part of a big corporation and the close is dumb because we're one of the best stores in the country.
The reason is that the lease on our building is up soon and head office and our landlord can't agree on a price for a new one.
The district manager from out of town came with the news a couple days ago, he was still there when I got to work and told me himself, even though we're strangers. My manager, who's been working there for over 15 years, sat by smiling at me the whole time, and the rest of the night. She's usually so upbeat and talkative. That night she was quiet and faking a smile. It all broke my heart.
Our boss has been on holidays for a while so we asked a manager if our boss even knows about it, he doesn't!
It's just, such a stupid reason to close, and makes me mad that we didn't have any control over it, it was all head office. I would like to know why they don't just move us to a different location in the city. There was no mention of that.
I still have the job for a few months but I haaate job hunting, and right now I'm supposed to be worrying about applying to university, and what classes to take, not my job!
And I'm so attached to the place, it was my first real job and I love the people. I met my boyfriend there, he's the most serious boyfriend I've ever had by far, and my first love.
It's not like I was going to work there forever, no. It just shocked us all, and is a sad ending.

How's your life? It's been a while
God, it's good to see you smile
<3

Closed Thread