TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

College - January 22nd 2010, 11:32 PM

I want to transfer to a college. Right now I am currently at a city college and I cannot wait to go to a 4 year college. But, I really do not want to move out of my state (which is california) and I am wondering if anyone knows of any good colleges in the state (that has a program for Psychology).

Of course I know about all the public colleges (such as UCLA and UC Davis) but I am also wondering about Private colleges.

Any thing that you could provide would be great.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cather Offline
Not a n00b

Re: College - January 23rd 2010, 04:35 AM

There are, according to the college board, 78 four year colleges that offer a major in general psychology.

Do you want to major in a specific aspect of psychology? There are tons of defferent ones, like educational psychology, social psychology, health psychology, plus a whole myriad of ones that I've never heard of.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: College - January 23rd 2010, 05:47 AM

Clinical/forensic psychology is what I am planning on going into.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Cather Offline
Not a n00b

Re: College - January 26th 2010, 10:59 PM

I couldn't find any schools in CA with either of those specific majors.

I just went on www.collegeboard.com and did the college matchmaker, it's like the best thing ever when looking for schools. It's really the only website I ever used because I know it's reliable, the college board is the one that runs the SAT and AP exams and such.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: College - January 26th 2010, 11:13 PM

As you know my permanent residence is Cali, but I left to go to school. For many reasons I think you should consider as well. The school system, as you know, is falling apart, they are loosing money left and right. So they are cracking down on how many students they accept every year. I am sure you are already aware you can’t even transfer into the spring semester anymore. Plus each county has different rules about transferring from community colleges. Like in San Diego, I know you have to have 60 very specific units, and if you don’t, they will decline you. I think you have a lot of research a head of you if you are trying to get into this upcoming fall semester.
And I think it would be good for you to just entertain the idea of going out of state. I know it can be more expensive. But, one, it’s an experience of a life time to live outside of California. And I know native Californians hiss at anyone who tries to even suggest they leave, but it is worth thinking about. And two, the school systems are actually thriving outside of California right now, and are accepting more and more students. So you might be able to get into a program that you are really interested in.
Now I did the same thing, I went to community college for two years and transferred. And I have a lot of friends who are doing the same, and they are having a really hard time doing it in Cali. So, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. : )

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread