TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Help me, I'm worrisome. - January 26th 2010, 03:45 PM

I'm sorry for another problematic thread. It seems that I'm posting more problems than advice lately. I'm very sorry.

Here's the thing, I am going to the perfect college. I have a wonderful education here, wonderful friends, and a wonderful boyfriend. I keep being worried about not being able to come back for my remaining three years after I finish this first year. I have big plans for my life right now, but if I don't go, my plans would be ruined.

I'm also worried about not getting a summer job. I'm usually very bored during the breaks and I need something. Plus, I need the money. I'm 19! I should be working! I don't want to end up like my dad. He's 50 and is living with his mom with no job, no money, no nothing!

I have been praying for it. But it's hard to just leave it in his hands because I'm a do-it-myself type of girl.

Help me!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
banter Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help me, I'm worrisome. - January 27th 2010, 12:37 PM

Why do you think you won't be able to return for the other years? You didn't make that clear in your post (I think? Maybe I just misunderstood what you wrote).

About getting a summer job, unless you really need the money, if you're not being able to find one don't worry. Unless you're not on loans/scholarship/etc and desperately need it to pay tuition or eat and simply don't want to end up like your dad... don't sweat it. First of, there's still plenty of time until some summer jobs are even announced. Secondly I know plenty of people who didn't take summer jobs and are now doctors, lawyers, teachers and otherwise succesful people. Not being able to find a summer job at 19 is different from not being able to find an actual job when you're more qualified. Also your dad doesn't sound like he's unable of getting a job but more like he doesn't *want* to get a job. As long as you keep motivated and keen you won't end up like him.

Closed Thread