TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

My mocks start tomorrow. - February 2nd 2009, 04:50 AM

And I'm completely not ready. I know they're only mocks, bla bla bla, but I'm aware of how badly I'm going to do. I just haven't studied enough.
It's more about what other people will think of me doing badly than what I think myself. I've accepted that I'm not going to do well, and I'm planning to keep studying hard for the Leaving Cert in June, and it's grand. But I know that my teachers and my parents, and maybe even my friends, are going to see my results and think I'm completely incompetent. I know that my parents don't have a lot of faith in me already, and this is just going to have them at me to study harder...

Agh. Just wish me luck guys... I really need it!!!
(And best of luck to anyone else faced with exams at the moment too....)
xxx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lolly_x Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Re: My mocks start tomorrow. - February 2nd 2009, 05:01 AM

Good luck.
Just to say with mocks you may have not done all the work thats on the paper. Revise the bits you do know and just look at the bits you don't know. Marks will reflect also the bits thta you have not done. I was upset by my maths mocks I got a U in a higher paper. So i entered foundation and got a C

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.Jess. Offline
Previously xxjessxx
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: My mocks start tomorrow. - February 2nd 2009, 06:17 AM

Hiya... it's Tal here [Starlett] just staying with Jess at the moment!

Seriously try not to have yourself too stressed about the mocks, the teacher's never expect you to do as well in them as you will in the real thing. And most of the time you end up doing way better in the real exams.... I know I went up like 55 points between mocks and June.

It's hard not to be stressy when you've got expectations to live up to, but you'll probably find that you know more than you think you do. Things will come back to you as you go, and I really hope the first few start off well for you because that can give you a big confidence boost.

Just do the best that you can and don't worry about what other people will say, you've done the work and it might not be as much as you wanted, but you've still got it done and have to sit the exams. You'll be surprised how quickly they end once they've all started, and then you get a mid term to enjoy!

Best of luck =]

Last edited by .Jess.; February 2nd 2009 at 06:23 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: My mocks start tomorrow. - February 2nd 2009, 09:11 AM

Thanks a million (: I think I'm just letting the stress get to me... but I'm sure once I launch into them I'll be fine. It's so hard to actually stidy though...I've had a four day weekend and I've barely done a tap of work....look at me now on TH!! But I'd say I just need to get them over with....we're starting off with Irish Paper 1 which won't be fun.
But thanks for the post!!
xxx

Closed Thread