Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while
John 6:29's Avatar
Name: Michael
Gender: Male
Location: Michigan

Posts: 1,300
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: July 9th 2009

Question about Radiologist Technologist - March 29th 2010, 06:05 PM

I am thinking about going to school for a year to become a Radiologist Technologist so that I can have a job to fall back on because the career I'm choosing won't make much money. Anyways I had a question about being registered. If I train in another state say Florida, would I be able then to qualify to become registered in California or Florida only? Thanks.
  Send a message via AIM to John 6:29 Send a message via MSN to John 6:29  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough
Melody Pond's Avatar
Name: Rachel
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 2,684
Blog Entries: 69
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Question about Radiologist Technologist - March 29th 2010, 06:31 PM

Hi, I have no idea on this to be honest because I am from the UK.

I just wanted to ask something does a Radiologic Technologist actually take the images and x rays?

I am going to be a Diagnostic Radiographer which in the UK is the person who actually takes the images. If they are the same thing then I cannot believe it only takes you 1 year of training, I have to do a 3 year university degree.

About your original question I think you should talk to the school you plan on going to and asking them. I know here once you have the degree you can work anywhere in the country and if I wanted to work in America I would have to take some extra test but my degree would allow me to work there with no extra training.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict
.Brittany.'s Avatar
Name: Brittany
Gender: Female
Location: 100 Acre Woods

Posts: 7,924
Blog Entries: 209
Join Date: January 12th 2009

Re: Question about Radiologist Technologist - March 29th 2010, 11:26 PM

My mom is a Radiologic Tech, she did her training in Quebec, and moved to Newfoundland, then here to Ontario, so really, I think that you can work anywhere within your country with the training you have. It is a lot of schooling, and a lot of stress etc. But really anyone can do it.

Good luck!

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!
Stardaze's Avatar
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: California

Posts: 5,799
Blog Entries: 275
Join Date: November 7th 2009

Re: Question about Radiologist Technologist - March 29th 2010, 11:53 PM

I am actually pretty sure it will work anywhere.
So i don't think you will have any problems with that.
Good look on everything though!

  (#5 (permalink)) Old
KaylaSue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!
KaylaSue's Avatar
Age: 29
Gender: Female

Posts: 38
Join Date: August 12th 2009

Re: Question about Radiologist Technologist - March 30th 2010, 12:08 AM

depends on what kind of radiological tech you are going to be, I am in school right now for Diagnostic Medical Sonography and once I take my boards I will be nationally registered
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
wksbro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!
wksbro's Avatar
Gender: Male
Location: Ks

Posts: 21
Join Date: March 26th 2010

Re: Question about Radiologist Technologist - March 30th 2010, 01:22 AM

in all states
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: Question about Radiologist Technologist - March 30th 2010, 03:14 AM

It usually works within the country unless there are a few states that have policies making them an exception. It's when you start going between countries and interconinentally and internationally that you start having to weave your way through the policies.
Closed Thread


question, radiologist, technologist

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.