TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Elle
Average Joe

Name: Elle

Do I take the interview? - March 30th 2010, 11:50 PM

I have an interview on Saturday for a store that I would really LOVE to work for. It's much better than my current job.

The only problem is that originally when I applied for the job, I was doing it because someone I liked worked there. I don't like him anymore... in fact I pretty much hate the guy. I think he hates me too. Anyway I really need this job, regardless of my motivation for applying for it.. in fact even if I had never met this guy I would still have applied for this job anyway.

But if I take the interview and get the job will he think/know that I only applied in the first place to work alongside him? Do you think it would be worth it? I might dread going into work knowing he's working my shift.. he might tell the staff about our history (we were sort of seeing each other for a while.. seeing each other in very loose terms :S) or he might make my working life hell. On the flipside we might overcome our serious dislike for one another, I'd be working at a great company with serious benefits and the biggest bonus: I go to university 5 hours from home. I never get to go home because my current job doesn't allow for it. If I got this job after my interview on Saturday, I'd be able to transfer to my home store and I'd not have to be separated from my family all year round.

I don't know. I feel like the downsides and upsides are of equal weighting and either way I could regret my choice... I'm not looking for someone here to make my choice but just to give me some outsider perception of the situation :/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Do I take the interview? - March 31st 2010, 12:19 AM

Hey there Elle,

That sounds like a hard decision. I believe that you should do what you want, and don't think about the others. So if you want the job, go for it! Don't let the fact that he still works there effect anything.

Let us know what you decide!
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Do I take the interview? - March 31st 2010, 04:38 AM

I say go for the interview. The upsides are concrete while all the down-sides are "what if's". Besides, you even said you needed the job so go for it. If there indeed is an issue with him, then just tell him that this is business and you want either positive interactions with him, and any negative ones can be saved for outside the workplace.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Do I take the interview? - March 31st 2010, 04:55 AM

Yes, i think you should definitely go for the interview. You really need the job so go for it!
You'll probably end up tolerating eachother if you have to work together anyway.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Elle
Average Joe

Name: Elle

Re: Do I take the interview? - April 1st 2010, 04:24 AM

Update: we kinda worked things out :/ And now we're dating again.. he doesn't know I have an interview at his place yet.. so torn still..

Closed Thread