TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Miranda. Offline
Not a n00b

Help finding a good program.. - April 8th 2010, 12:37 AM

Hello, I am posting this because I need a little help getting ready for college. I live in the US, and right now I am a freshman in highschool, and I plan on graduating as a junior. But in order to do that, I'm going to have to look farther in summer programs, so I can earn credits faster. My school does not provide summer school, because its too small. And, my school couselor and I talked, she showed me this summer program over the internet, but in order to do it, I have to pay about $250 out of my own pocket, and my mom refuses to pay for it, because she believes the school should provide these programs for us. I don't know what else to look into without having to pay, and graduating early is really a goal of mine. If you'd like to help me, but need more information than what I have given you, then please be free to add me on MSN (cozetta12@live.com) or AOL, username: mirandacozetta. Thank you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Help finding a good program.. - April 8th 2010, 01:55 AM

Why do you want to graduate early as a junior?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Miranda. Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Help finding a good program.. - April 9th 2010, 03:21 AM

Because I wanna get a head start in life, its just a very large goal of mine. I wanna get out of my house...you'd understand if you knew.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
VitruvianDoc Offline
Medical Student
Not a n00b

Name: Charles

Re: Help finding a good program.. - April 9th 2010, 05:22 AM

nothing wrong with getting out early, my fiance was in a very bad household as her step dad was extremely verbally abusive and all.

I see you're 15, so keep in mind getting out of the house is extremely costly, very scary, and mostly stressful. I know you'd be 16/17 when you graduate but until you're 18 you cant be legally bound to anything unless you emancipate yourself. Therefore, you'd be stuck at home regardless.

You might look at government options however and see if any accelerated programs can be payed for with government student loans.

Closed Thread