TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
torquay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: scott

Unhappy dropping out of sixth form late into the second year. HELP? - May 14th 2010, 10:21 AM

I am 17 almost 18 and i am in my second year in sixth form, i am studdying 3 subjects which 2 are exstreamly achedemic. were am i going with this, well its almost time for my long overdue dreaded exams and well i am dreading it as i have allready had a breakdown in my first exam of the year, i am asking for any advice on what to do now as i have taken the first stages of dropping out of sixthform as it is affecting my health such as clostraphobia, anxiety, panic attacks and on quite a few occations passing out. all of thease are causing my health to detiriorate and i can no longer stand to be in sixform i have been going in 1 day a week now as it has got that bad and my teachers seem to not understand they are putting more preasure on me, at first it was bareable through counciling but it no longer is helping and i am starting to feel so run down my body feels as if its shutting down, i need help what do i do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SezzaPSYCHO Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sezza

Re: dropping out of sixth form late into the second year. HELP? - May 19th 2010, 08:11 PM

Hey Scott,
I know school suck... it makes us all feel bad, but it seems to be really getting to you.

It seems a waste to drop out now, after you've made it so far. You may as well take the exams, even if you don't think you'll get good grades. And, if it all does go badly, oh well! There's always other things you can do. Relax, if you take the view that it's not that important, it'll all seem a lot easier.

You seem to be getting so stressed about getting through your education, but at the end of the day, education isn't everything. Some people never even bother to do their A levels, so you're doing well already.

I think you need to talk it out with someone that'll listen. If you want, email me and we can chat. (This site confuses me, so I usually just email )

Sarah. x
salad_cream_@hotmail.com

Last edited by SezzaPSYCHO; May 19th 2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Forgot something
  Send a message via AIM to SezzaPSYCHO Send a message via MSN to SezzaPSYCHO Send a message via Skype™ to SezzaPSYCHO 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: dropping out of sixth form late into the second year. HELP? - May 19th 2010, 08:12 PM

I agree, it's nearly over so I don't think you should drop out now. If you don't have any or many topics left to cover in your subjects then maybe you could ask for study leave and just spend time going through everything at home.

Closed Thread