TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
crazyTHING666 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Matt

I CAN'T GET A JOB!! and i need money - June 5th 2010, 04:44 PM

i really need money. and i cannot find a job anywhere,(went into about 30 places today and yesterday all said not hiring) anyways i am wondering if i should do a make cash online thing, i think i found a legit site cashcrate.com and i want to do it. but i have to give it my address and idk if my parents would like that. so
1. should i do it without my parents permission?
2. is it possible for a 17-year old to get a mailbox that is not their home address or something like that and have the money be sent to the other address thing?
3. and how could i set up something like that.
thanks for the help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: I CAN'T GET A JOB!! and i need money - June 5th 2010, 04:55 PM

Be VERY careful about dealing with any kind of online money making scheme. They target people your age and people who are desperate for money.

Before you sign up for anything, check it through Google and see if ti comes up as a reported scam.

It's unlikely you will be able to prevent your parents from finding out. You'd probably be much better off to look into jobs around your neighborhood/area, for babysitting and other things. Or talk to your parents and see how they can help you get an income of some kind.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: I CAN'T GET A JOB!! and i need money - June 7th 2010, 01:26 AM

Be VERY careful signing up for those things. The places want to look real, but they target young people and people who are hard for and will do anything for money. Check around to see if you can find odd jobs in your area for money. Another option could be a yard sale if you have unwanted things that are in good shape.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: I CAN'T GET A JOB!! and i need money - June 7th 2010, 01:49 AM

I think maybe you'd be better buying and selling on ebay. There are plenty of people who sell bulk stock and cheap things around, you then sell them on for profit. My friend does this and is very successful. Even if you only make 1 on an item, you keep doing it and it all adds up. However with this idea, you need money to make money

Good luck whatever you do.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#5 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: I CAN'T GET A JOB!! and i need money - June 23rd 2010, 04:53 PM

I would not advise doing anything online. Most of those are scams. A lot of places are scams, actually. Here's something to watch out for: If anyone asks you to pay for any materials while you're in training, or if they ask you to buy something in order to make more money...SCAM! And all of those online sort of things usually end up being scams, and most likely any money they send you is bad money. My advice? Avoid the internet. I know it's tempting, but there are other ways to make money!

Look at internships online in your area. Maybe they'll have places listed that you're not aware of. Look on Craigslist - I found a job off there once. Be careful, lots of those places aren't legit, and I would only look through them with your parents. They'll be able to spot scams faster than you.

And if you really can't find a job, decide on your natural talents. Are you a good musician? Offer to play for people at parties. Good with fixing things? Place an ad in the paper for it. Feel like mowing lawns, babysitting, or petsitting? Start advertising. Have any other useless talent you feel could make you some extra money? Spread the word! I used to make money by doing little chores for people, like weeding their garden and watering their plants, and I would babysit and petsit and sometimes tutor kids in math and english.

I know it seems like an outdated way to make money. But trust me. It's better than the internet. And also, look for contests and scholarships! I do that all the time, most will be more than happy to award them to high schoolers. Mind you, don't rely on it. There are a lot of other people with the same hope. But you never know. Anything is worth a try.

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2

Closed Thread