TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

work trouble - June 20th 2010, 10:42 AM

recently at work ive had trouble with my pay like on week they will pay the correct ammount, next week they wont and then the next week they wont pay me at all, i often find myself with no money meaning i have to delve into my savings account and take money out of there just so ic an get to work and travel, and get to college. and pay my house rent. problem is my mum has started to read my bank statements agian meaning she will see the money in my savings account has gone down by like 130 in the past year, but this is because of my work never pay me correct or anything. also recently my college have not been letting me attend staff meetings at where i work, i tell them i have to go to thesse staff meetings, so when i go to work and tell them my colege would not let me attend the staff meetings at work my manager tells me off. but the problem being this : i cannot just walk out of college or argue with my tutor yet i have to attend staff meetings. and i have tried contacting my manager about my pay but i cant i have tried and it tells me sorry your call cannot be connected right now, i have no money i cant get into work, which means tommrow i cant get into work as i have no money to do so, unless i take money from my savings account once agian but that means my money in my savings account will go down even more. the bottom line is no money cant get into work, but i have to go to work, i just cant get in as they have messed me money up agian. what do i do ? i cant contact my manager i have tried, but i have spoke to someone at work. also i dont have the contact details for the person who pays me so i cannot contact them myself.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: work trouble - June 20th 2010, 11:58 AM

What they are doing is illegal and I had one job where on 1 week they incorrectly paid but they fixed it once I showed proof. The other refused, so what I did is I tried to ask for the manager or boss who pays you, and tell them what's going on. Next, tell them to give you your payment otherwise you're going to report them. You can contact the necessary government branch (not sure on the name because varies by area), and ask them for advice on when an employer is not paying you money owed. You will need to do a bit of paperwork if you want to carry this notification through and they will give you the proper resources for police if you wish to charge the boss.

For me, I had to contact the ministry of labour who helped me out and I was told my boss was getting some investigations done. I offered him an ultimatum: pay me the money I'm owed or I will ask for you to be charged, in which case you may have to owe me even more money for interest. The end result was that place got shut down and I believe the boss was arrested or at least fined a pretty good amount but I did receive the money owed.

Before you threaten with law, check the policies of your workplace to see if there is this odd pattern of payments as well as maybe ask a few employees (can be risky for you).

To see who pays you, if it is not from the till, go to your bank and ask for a list of transactions, that will give the name of the person/company who issued the payment, which is probably the person you wish to talk to. If it's a large company, then they will have a directory for you to visit.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: work trouble - June 20th 2010, 08:29 PM

i work for a preschool, others have had issues with thier pay too. but im the one who seems to have the most issues with my pay.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Closed Thread