TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ana Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Should i quit or no? - August 8th 2010, 01:50 AM

Lately i've been hating going to work and dread it. While im at work im in such a bad mood and can't wait to go home. Im only in high school so it's not like i have to have a job. They only give me my schedule a few days in advance for the following week and they are random days and times.

I can't stand the people i work with except two, i am so exhusted lately i am doing 3 others things big things. But i like the money that is the only thing that keeps me working at my job. I need some advice, im so confused.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: Should i quit or no? - August 8th 2010, 01:58 AM

If you're miserable and exhausted, then it may be better to quit your current job and find something better for yourself down the road.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: Should i quit or no? - August 8th 2010, 02:03 AM

i know EXACTLY how you feel, i presume you have your social insurance number? in which case your pretty much free to get what ever job you want that hires students, imo if your miserable look for a different job hope i helped you some

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: Should i quit or no? - August 8th 2010, 04:14 AM

I get what you're saying and I often feel the same way. If you feel so strongly about hating your job you should probably quit. But make sure you don't need the money, otherwise look for another job before you quit there.

You're amazing just the way you are

(#5 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: Should i quit or no? - August 8th 2010, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie552 View Post
I get what you're saying and I often feel the same way. If you feel so strongly about hating your job you should probably quit. But make sure you don't need the money, otherwise look for another job before you quit there.

i second that notion 100%

It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lightning Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: Should i quit or no? - August 8th 2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie552 View Post
I third this comment. You SHOULD find another job before quitting. Be sure you give your current job a 2 weeks notice when/if you got that new job.

You should write a letter of resignation also when ya quit
  Send a message via AIM to Lightning Send a message via MSN to Lightning  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
XCharlieX Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Should i quit or no? - August 8th 2010, 06:37 PM

I say screw the job. If I were you I would just focus on my schoolwork so I can get a good job when I get older. (Eeek I sound like a mother! )
But seriously, why do you want to have a job now? You've got your whole life ahead of you to spend working, so enjoy the time you have now.
Alternatively, you could get a job that you only do a few times a week, for example dog walking.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: Should i quit or no? - August 8th 2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCharlieX View Post
I say screw the job. If I were you I would just focus on my schoolwork so I can get a good job when I get older. (Eeek I sound like a mother! )
But seriously, why do you want to have a job now? You've got your whole life ahead of you to spend working, so enjoy the time you have now.
Alternatively, you could get a job that you only do a few times a week, for example dog walking.

to have money? i have to work for EVERYTHING i want to get including clothes and undergarments...some teens need to get a job

Closed Thread