TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lightning Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Work issues - August 13th 2010, 04:05 AM

So today at work..
Please note: I'm a front cashier and the store isn't busy in the mornings whenever i'm there.

Whenever a customer came up and asked for a carton of certain cigarettes.
I went to get it and kept grabbing onto the wrong one -- while doing this this customer was ANGRY.. and I REALLY REALLY wasn't in a good mood today.. So I got half pissed and said something but it wasn't offensive or rude. After I got the right carton for them I felt so emotional..so sad..and angry.

This is like the um... 4th time this has happened.. I cannot handle being yelled at, screamed at, having someone being angry at me, and etc. This time managers didn't know about it. They are very acceptable and understand.
Our main store manager had to go to a meeting -- I am planning on telling her how I feel though about the front register. I cannot handle it and retail makes me a bit angry.

So what can I do?
  Send a message via AIM to Lightning Send a message via MSN to Lightning  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: Work issues - August 14th 2010, 01:39 AM

Depending on what type of work you do. If there is anothe position avaliable for you to work, I would talk to your manager about changing your position. Tell him that being front cashier isn't the best for you and you feel you would do better in a position that doesn't deal with customers on the regular.

You could also talk to your manager about how to deal with situations like this, your manager may have some good tips for you, if you can't relocate.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dedalus Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Joe

Re: Work issues - August 14th 2010, 10:50 AM

I've been in that position - working in a store and the customer getting cross. Its annoying and so on and so forth, but at the end of the day you were the one at fault here. Don't think that this is going to stop at this point: it happens in every job and walk of life somewhere.

I think if you talk to your manager, no matter how reasonable they are, its going to flag you as a problem person.

I suggest you stick it out and learn from it to control your anger and get used to being in that situation. It will help you in the future and will most certainly help you at job interviews where you can tell them how you coped with being treated that way but were hospitable to the customer.

Closed Thread