TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Arrow Desk Jobs - August 26th 2010, 03:53 AM

GET READY!

Do you want to know what being an adult is like? Do you really?

The only way, which I found out, that you'll survive is if you go into a job you love. I have absolutely no idea how people can do jobs that they don't care about at all. I can't even fathom it.

I love my job, during the day. It's awesome with cool mentors, cranky children bosses - it's hilarious, top film company (saw a TV Pilot shooting today and my office area will be the prime shooting locale tomorrow), and saw Zach Snyder (Watchmen, 300). Thus, my job can't get any better and even with that...

After work all my energy has been drained. I can't even think straight. Then four to five hours of wake - get up, start again. Also it feels almost too "the same" - in school you're constantly on the move going from one class to another... imagine being in one class for the whole day. The last time we've all done that? Probably elementary school (if they still do that). Plus my job goes from 9 AM to 7 PM or later! Yep, that's right "9 to 5" can just be a phrase for many.

So, do you want to be prepared for life as an adult? Get into a job that you absolutely love that'll have plenty of awesome surprises throughout the day - or else... because you go to work, you're energy gets drained over sitting in one place for HOURS, you go home and feel like you want to sleep.

The fear that just entered my mind today? Gaining a lot of weight just by sitting at the desk. Came up with the resolution that I'd make sure I take a walk during my lunch break and park at the top of the parking garage that way I'll at least get some exercise during the day before I "pass out" lol. Becoming an adult? You start to realize why you used to see your Dad come home, eat, then plop down on the couch... it's funny how much work work takes.

Plus side? Your life is in your hands, so make the most of it - I know I will and am, even if I'm still getting used to the hours.

"Maybe I just like people. Maybe sexuality isn't one thing or the other. Maybe it's just something that's shifting and moving. I just know I'm not thinking man or woman."
- SHAMELESS.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; August 26th 2010 at 04:07 AM.

Closed Thread