TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Question What Does A Mortician Do? - August 31st 2010, 11:59 PM

I'm only a few months away from completing my training to become a Phlebotomist... But the more I study the more I just want to learn even more things. A girl was talking to me and told me she considered being a mortician... They make great money and It's not competitive... I'm a little interested in it?

What do they do totally? Do you know anyone who is one... Any comments are appreciated.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reakless Emotion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Brittany

Re: What Does A Mortician Do? - September 1st 2010, 03:03 AM

A mortician is pretty much a funeral director. Their tasks are to entail the embalming and burial/cremation of the dead. as well as the planning and arrangement of the funeral ceremony. At times, they may also be asked to do things such as dressing the bodies in garments, casketing which is putting the body into a container, and adding make up or other things to the body. I have also considered it, but I don't think I'd be able to work around the dead every day. I hope this answers your question.

And I will take you in my arms, and hold you right where you belong.
Til the day my life is through, this I promise you.121109

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: What Does A Mortician Do? - September 1st 2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Brittany. View Post
A mortician is pretty much a funeral director. Their tasks are to entail the embalming and burial/cremation of the dead. as well as the planning and arrangement of the funeral ceremony. At times, they may also be asked to do things such as dressing the bodies in garments, casketing which is putting the body into a container, and adding make up or other things to the body. I have also considered it, but I don't think I'd be able to work around the dead every day. I hope this answers your question.
You missed a few things from the wikipedia website you used (I have no issue with using wikipedia). Further down the page, morticians also act as clergies because it makes the task much easier and they're perfectly capable, such as having the funeral go from the church to the funeral home.

It's an interesting job but I think it'd sometimes be hard to do depending on who it is that is deceased and how they died. I thought of doing a similar job of being a coroner or medical examiner and still think it's an interesting career I may choose. For either a mortician, coroner or medical examiner, I think you'd need a strong head on your shoulders to be able to focus on the job.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: What Does A Mortician Do? - September 1st 2010, 04:07 PM

Since the question seems to have been answered I'm going to go ahead and close this If the OP has anymore questions or wants it re-opened feel free to PM me.

PM // VM

Closed Thread