TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cantina

5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 16th 2010, 07:32 PM

If there was any advice that you could give your teachers to help them interact and understand you better as a student and teen, what would that advice be?

I am writing an article on this very topic and thought it would be beneficial to get your input instead of just seeing it from only my point of view.

If you have more than 5 things that come to mind, great! List as many as you like. If you can't think of 5, just post what is most important to you.

Thank you for helping me...it means a great deal!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 16th 2010, 07:58 PM

1. It probably isn't what it seems like. Listen to what the student's trying to say, he may now more about a particular incident than you can figure out by looking at the aftermath.

Everything else would seem a little unimportant... Bar "know what it is you're teaching before you teach it", but I think that should be obvious to all (sadly it isn't...)
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 16th 2010, 09:31 PM

1) When you talk down to us, we're going to disrespect you. Sorry Charlie!

2) If a male teacher, when you see a girl crying, let her friends take care of it, or a female teacher. Same thing with female teacher seeing a boy crying.

3) Students who don't do homework, a lot of the time it's because they don't understand.

4) Don't scare the class into silence(my pre-algebra teacher has done this).

5) Don't say that a student is great in front of their peers, it embarrasses the heck out of them!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
workingonit Offline
getting there, baby steps
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: t

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 16th 2010, 09:58 PM

1) 'Back in my day'...
Don't tell us you know what it is like to be a teen - things have changed, and no matter what you went through, it probably isn't the same as what the individual student is now going through
2) 'Your older sibling never did that/always did this'...
I am not them. I am me. Don't tar us with the same brush or compare... not helpful.
3) If there is a problem find an appropriate moment with the student in a good environment... telling some one they are failing/a problem child etc in front of the whole class is never going to help
4) 'You are going to be the A* student, top of the class'
same applies vice versa... pressure much!
5) Don't presume quite means problems and loud means they are fine... without making presumtions, it is more the unsaid things that reveal where a teen really is

also.. if a teen says 'my friend needs help with this issue..', it means either their friend does, or if it is really them they are not ready to talk about it yet, so don't push... build the trust and listen well.

Hope this helps x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 16th 2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingonit View Post
1)
2) 'Your older sibling never did that/always did this'...
I am not them. I am me. Don't tar us with the same brush or compare... not helpful.
x

OMG! I'm the youngest of five, I HATE IT when my teachers do this! They all never like me at first because of my older brother, or they all love me at first because of my older sisters. I'm not my siblings!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 17th 2010, 12:55 PM

Thank you everyone! This will help me so much...I find that the teachers talk "AT" you and not "TO" you...for whatever reason they feel that domination is the way to control what goes on in the classroom. There are some teachers who get it and some who don't.
Wouldn't you say that if you don't fit the "mold" of the system (A or B student) they have no idea how to teach any other student??(C,D or F student).
What would you say would help these teachers who are struggling with their students to better understand them?? How to "win" those students over and gain their respect and trust???

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 17th 2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teen spirit View Post
Wouldn't you say that if you don't fit the "mold" of the system (A or B student) they have no idea how to teach any other student??(C,D or F student).
Actually I think the target student is a high C/B. The course is geared towards those students, and many teachers are only interested in them - if you're an A grade student they don't want to talk to you, and if you're a low C/D students they don't have the time and "don't want to slow down the other students" (A grade students obviously not part of that group).
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Laura

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 19th 2010, 09:56 PM

Get to know your students, their backgrounds.

My guidance teacher didn't know I had a brother with Muscular Dystrophy until the end of fifth year (there are 6 years in highschool) when we had to postpone exams due to him being in hospital.

Funny thing was, I've always been open about. Would be good if he had paid attention one of those times.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
luvflamingos Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 19th 2010, 10:52 PM

One and only 1: listen to us. We may be young but it doesn't mean we dont count. Sorry for only one and it probably doesnt make any sense to anyone else.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 19th 2010, 10:55 PM

If it's to a high school/college teacher : You are not the only teacher we have, we have other classes that are just as important.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 19th 2010, 11:00 PM

Don't pick students for answers when they dont have their hands up!

Be approachable, and yet try not to over-step your place

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Laura

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 19th 2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeekitten View Post
Don't pick students for answers when they dont have their hands up!

I don't agree with this one, as it makes people think, picking on people all the time for the answer no, but asking other people who may not quite know the answer, may encourage them to think about it and make a justified guess
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 20th 2010, 12:06 AM

1. rambling on about your family, children, dogs, next door neighbour or whoever else is annoying.

2. don't tell us that your subject is more important than all our other subjects. it's not.

3. don't have a go at us if we miss one of your classes for a school play rehearsal/sports match/etc. they've been in the diary for months so don't say you didn't know about them.

4. be reasonable when setting assignments. a huge essay due in the next day when we already have a mountain of other work is a bit of a piss take.

5. don't go on about how all your other classes are better than/further ahead than us. we don't care.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
LittleFish Offline
Face-eating Alien
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Se-Se

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 20th 2010, 04:08 AM

1. If we don't get the homework, we expect you, as the teacher, to explain it. Moving on while everyone's behind isn't going to help anyone.

2. If our lunch period is shorter than 40 minutes, we don't have time to do come in and make up full tests or do tutoring. Unless you want us to starve. Give us a break.

3. Don't single us out on personal issues, especially outside of class. We don't run into the teacher's lounge and ask about your lung cancer in front of the other teachers.

4. Get a sense of humor. Kids like to laugh. And chances are, we'd probably like your class a whole lot more if you let us have some fun.

5. If you're going to make rules, enforce them for everyone. It shouldn't matter if she's the vice principal's daughter. If she's wearing a halter top and a mini-skirt, she deserves to be punished for it as much as the guy with chains on his pants.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 20th 2010, 01:56 PM

1. Just because we're teens doesn't mean that we're all horrible people
2. Don't just expect us to know the answers and snap at us when we don't, if we did we wouldn't need your class
3. We, like you are human beings and are entitled to bad days just like you are
4. If you're having a bad day try not to take it out on us, we're just trying to get through the day too
5. We have homework other than yours and lives outside of school, please recognize that

And a side note to all of my teachers who did understand these things, Thank You

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 20th 2010, 04:22 PM

1: Magic
2: How to play the fire organ D=
3: How to juggle
4: Some decent jokes -_-
5: Sweets for when someone gets something right/good work

Or am I not getting the point of this? I know I'd love a teacher like that =p

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 20th 2010, 05:24 PM

Five things that, as a teacher, I would like my students to remember:

1. I'm not psychic. If you need help, then you need to ask for help. I can't tell the difference between a lazy student who's failing and a confused student who's failing unless you talk to me about it.

2. You're not my only student, and this isn't my only class. I won't always be available to help you outside of class, but I'll make a much greater effort to if I see that you're making good use of your in-class time too.

3. Respect always has to be earned. I'll try to earn yours, and I'd like that you try to earn mine. That means: be mature, be polite, and make an effort to learn.

4. I'm only human. If I called you out for daydreaming last week but didn't call Jake out yesterday, it doesn't mean that I like Jake better; it probably means I just didn't notice. If it's important, like a test mark, please bring it to my attention. If it's not important, like Jake's daydreaming, please just let it go.

5. I get paid regardless of how well you personally do in my class. If you don't deserve an A, I can't give you one. Everyone's capable of doing well, but it's up to you to do the work to ensure that you actually do well.

(6.) Try to have fun.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 20th 2010, 07:13 PM

The rantings of a college student:

1. Please realize that your class is not the only class that I have. Those 9 projects you assigned for the course of the semester just might kill me. And that doesn't even include the other stuff my other professors have assigned. Thanks.

2. Aside from your insane number of projects, the insane amount of reading that you assign for us to do is mindboggling, and I can't possibly do it all. This works with #1.

3. I wish my professors knew my personality before the first day of class. I don't want to play this game of, "Let me learn what she's about, and make mistakes in the process."

4. Check your e-mail, professors! And if I've sent an e-mail, please respond. Better yet, please respond in an appropriate amount of time! I don't have time to sit around waiting for you to respond and I don't want to check my e-mail multiple times to see if I've gotten a response.

5. Please tell me when you plan on missing class. It seems pretty stupid for me to have to wake up and get to campus, only to see the sign on the door that says, "No class." I don't have time for that, and unless you're paying to fill my car up with gas, I really don't appreciate you making me waste it.

From an elementary teacher's perspective:

1. Contrary to what you might think, I see most things. Don't tattle on a classmate unless there's a DAMN good reason to (like physical or emotional abuse, cheating is going on, etc). If I call you out for something, don't lie and tell me you didn't do it. I'm not dumb. You misbehave, expect me to say something. If I don't say something the first time, don't think I didn't see it and try it again. I did, and I'm watching you.

2. I'm not psychic. If you need help, come to me. Don't sit there and expect the help to come to you. Be proactive.

3. Do your classwork and homework. I realize you think they're the dumbest things in the world, but trust me. They'll help you in the long run. Don't complain about it. Just do it. I've assigned the work for a reason. Not to be a mean old lady, but to HELP you.

4. Be active in class discussions. Raise your hands and give answers. The more active you are in your schoolwork, the less boring and painful it will be for the both of us.

5. Listen to directions. There's nothing more tiring than having to repeat things multiple times because you weren't paying attention. This ties into #4. If you're actively participating in class, you're listening in class.

6. I'm human. I'm not Super Woman. I'll try to make things work out for all of us, but please note that I do make mistakes and I will probably make more of them. I'm not perfect and I don't expect you to be either, but we have to learn together to make it work.

7. You are my student, and I love you in the way only a teacher can. Everything I do is to help you. Even though I may seem like a big meanie sometimes, just remember that I am here for you no matter what. You can always come to me for anything.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

Last edited by TakeTheLeap; September 20th 2010 at 07:27 PM.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 20th 2010, 07:37 PM

Thank you everyone for all of your answers! I enjoy reading them all...and I love how you took the bull by the horns and changed it up a bit with perspective of a college student, a teacher's perspective and your perspective (high school student).
This is fabulous and I have alot of insight to include in my article!
I so appreciate the time and effort that you put into this...thank you, thank you, thank you!
I only write from experience...and not a text book or "hear-say"...I believe teachers NEED to know what can help them step outside of their "educated" boxes and step into a different perspective...like what is going on currently in today's teen's lives!
It is very true...we live in an ever-changing society and as educators...it helps to CONNECT with their students instead of always LECTURING their students...my opinion
Thank you once again and feel free to keep posting...I can always write and part articles!

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 20th 2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Emily~ View Post
5. Please tell me when you plan on missing class. It seems pretty stupid for me to have to wake up and get to campus, only to see the sign on the door that says, "No class." I don't have time for that, and unless you're paying to fill my car up with gas, I really don't appreciate you making me waste it.
^^ That is probably my number one.
1- Professor, we expect you to take two minutes to sit in your computer and send a e-mail to us if you are not coming to class, don't make us waste our time going to class just to find out you are not coming.

2- If you don't want us to be late, don't be late because we will leave. Our time is just as important as yours.

3- Don't explain class like if we already know everything about the subject it won't work and you will only get weird looks and spend more time trying to get us to understand.

4- Your class is 2 hours, plan for 2 hours not 2.15 not 2.5 hours.

5- We are not interested in your life just teach.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 20th 2010, 09:43 PM

1) Students who dont do their homework often dont understand it.
2) Most teachers need to teach better and use different methods.
3) If they dont do much to disipline a student, ofcourse we're going to be naughty children :P

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 21st 2010, 12:51 PM

As a college student

1. If you know the night before class that you're going to cancel don't wait until 5 minutes before it's supposed to start to send out the e-mail since everyone will be on their way there already
2. Do not assign a million projects or papers of your own on top of the ones I already have
3. If we complain to you that we're swamped beyond belief and overwhelmed don't tell us "That's college" this is obviously no help and probably makes us feel worse, we don't complain for no reason
4. If your course involves outside things or service learning TELL US BEFORE THE FIRST DAY so we'll know to plan our schedule around it! I don't think that's asking too much

(#23 (permalink)) Old
IAm42 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Michelle

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 26th 2010, 05:06 AM

1. Don't try out your own method of how-to-help-a-kid on your students. Believe it or not, bringing the entire classes' attention to a girl with social anxiety does NOT help her. You just made it worse, times about 6, for quite a few months. And yes, it is your fault you didn't see her in school for a week and a half after that.

2. You do not have the right to stand in front of the class and announce my grades or behavioral problems in front of my peers. Or anyone's. I've seen far too many teachers doing this, and it's just not right. You talk about those kind of things one-on-one

3. My life is not school. I don't do my homework because I have far bigger things to worry about than learning the algebra I'm never going to actually use in life. I understand your frustration, but it's extremely offensive when you try to call me lazy and ect. You don't know anything about my life.

4. Look up from your computer. See how half your class is sleeping, while the other half look kinda like they're dead, glazed-over eyes and all? Yeah. That means it's time to get up, turn off the TV, and actually teach your class. Your subject CAN be interesting. I've seen it done. Just probably not by you. However, these movies are almost always like watching paint dry. Is it even possible to find a man with a more monotone, indifferent voice? It's like they decided to cast for the voice role, then picked the worst person who showed up.

5. You can not lie to my parents. They will believe me over some teacher they don't even know. I can't believe you.

Yeah, I'm kinda bitter towards the school system. I feel like some of these scenarios seem petty or something .. but if I could go into more detail, you'd understand. Especially that last one. Dear God that's a story there. I'm so lucky I have the parents I have, rather than ones that default to trusting authority.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Broken one Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sian

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 26th 2010, 01:22 PM

1. We are not all the same, not one method of teaching is going to help us all.
2. If I decide there's no way I'm going to pass a subject and my parents agree with me, don't force me to go by saying if I don't I'll get chucked out, especially in a crowded corridor.
3.If I don't do homework etc, it's because I havn't had time to do it, I have other things to do including your subject.
4. Don't make me stay after school has finished if I only have 1st lesson, I have alot of frees, tell me when you are so I don't have to stay around for 4 hours doing nothing.
5. Don't threaten me by saying that you'll tell my parents, one doesn't care and the other will already know.
6. Just because I have a bf, doesn't meant I'm going to skip to see him, especially when he doesn't live in this country.
7. If you leave a note on the board saying you'll be late that's fine, but actually turn up if you say you will.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 26th 2010, 03:40 PM

More hIghschool
1. if you decide to punish for ID's, nail polish or other unimportant things, at least be consistant so we don't have to wonder if you're going to yell at us over it or if it's ok
2. If getting a detention for losing my ID because it fell off the lanyard you gave me when it broke, is the worst thing I ever do than I'm a good kid and you have much bigger things to deal with.
3. If you decide we're doing a group project don't allow some people to work with their friends and others not to, either allow it or don't
4. Whole class punishments DON'T WORK, they punish the good kids for no reason and make us bitter toward you. I can't tell you how many times I've been an innocent victim of bad kids and a teacher having a bad day.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 26th 2010, 03:49 PM

1. Don't just make us sit there when we've finished the work and others are still going. Find us something else to do before we get bored and start texting someone.

2. If a student doesn't discuss things in class, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't understand.

3. If we're not allowed to turn up late then neither are you.

4. Going for two and a half hours without a break is not motivating and, frankly, a bit ludicrous.

5. If we get good grades, don't flatter yourself! We are so not dependent on you to pass...

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 26th 2010, 05:14 PM

I've left but what the heck

1. If you expect us to the work, we expect you to mark it. The point is feedback and improvement, if we don't get that we'll stop doing it.
2. Telling me that I'm doing just fine when I'm not is going to fail me, I'll keep going at that pace. Telling me I'll fail if I don't pick up will make me sit up and listen.
3. There's such a thing as too laid back. Discussing films and football in lesson is great, until we do it every time and then fail from having learnt nothing.
4. Yes I should respect you, but if you want to keep it don't treat me like an idiot.
5. On time to a lesson, means everyone, including you.

The last one we held one of our teachers to because he was always late. For every minute he was late he would knock 50 words off of homework essays, his rule. He still didn't make it on time :P

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#28 (permalink)) Old
oreogirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 26th 2010, 08:51 PM

1. Give me respect, and I will give you respect. Don't expect me to give you respect just because you're an adult if you treat me like I'm a piece of dirt.

2. Just because I'm smart, it doesn't mean I understand everything.

3. Just because I'm smart, it doesn't mean I don't have any personal problems going on that may affect my work/mood.

4. You are not the only class I have. Do not set me so much work it overlaps into when I should be studying for other subjects.

5. Have a sense of humour. Really does wonders =)

(#29 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 26th 2010, 09:07 PM

1. i am visually imapared
2. i have short term memory
3. i get frustrated very easy
4. i cant sit still for ten minutes
5. i dont get everthing thy tell me

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

I’m catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#30 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 26th 2010, 09:13 PM

I will be speaking to some aspiring new teachers just about ready to graduate from teachers college relating to this very subject...so keep the posts coming! I am also writing an article as well but right now, I think that it is so important for these new teachers to hear your voices!
Thank you everyone...I will make sure that you are all heard!

(#31 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 26th 2010, 09:48 PM

1. Can you please be consistent between "mean" and "median"? In an AP Stats class where half the kids have never even taken an AP before in their life, you're just confusing the shit out of everyone.

2. I am bipolar. That means I need a lot of extra sleep and that I'm not always functional enough to get ready for school, nevermind sit through classes and learn. I get that I signed up for quite a workload with my AP classes, but you've got to be willing to meet me halfway.

3. All those times I drink Monster is to get all the stupid work you assign me done. If you want to see me healthy, go a bit easier or at least be willing to work something out.

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 28th 2010, 07:34 PM

1. to understand me better put yourself in my shoes
2. see things how i see things
3. imagine what it was like when you were my age and what you would have wanted from your tutor
4. give me time to think and get my words out
5. ask me if im ok every now and then.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#33 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: 5 Things You Wished Your Teachers Knew - September 28th 2010, 07:42 PM

1. Don't give us HUGE test's. The majority of us suck at taking tests, it's a horrible way to show what we have learned.

2. Just because you're older, doesn't mean you can talk down to us. We are equally important, and sometimes we can teach you.

3. Sometimes kids have rough days, so don't hold it against them.

4. Don't play favorites! It's obvious, and others won't like your class.

5. The more enertaining/funny you are, the more we'll listen and pay attention.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread