TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
theatre=life Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Hillary

Graduating High School early? - September 21st 2010, 11:05 PM

I am currently a sophomore. I was sexually abused by a teacher from my school last year. He was arrested over the summer. The people who were my friends now hate me. Being at school is hard. Barely survivable. I have no friends and the school is tiny... Its a private school... grades pre-k thru 12 and only 500 students total

I was talking to a friend who mentioned that maybe I could graduate early. Has anyone done this?

If you ever need somebody to talk to pm/vm me.

Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to theatre=life Send a message via MSN to theatre=life Send a message via Yahoo to theatre=life  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Anduriel Offline
srsly, wtf.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graduating High School early? - September 22nd 2010, 01:14 AM

I haven't, but I know a couple of people who have. It all depends on your credits. If you take classes this year that will put you at the amount of credits required to graduate, you can graduate early. If you're behind on credits, you probably won't be able to. It varies from state to state.
  Send a message via AIM to Anduriel Send a message via MSN to Anduriel Send a message via Skype™ to Anduriel 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Graduating High School early? - September 22nd 2010, 03:42 AM

I'm in Canada so depending where you live, the education policies may be different. However, you can graduate early if you do things such as take a heavier course load, courses in the summer and if you can then skip a grade (I was able to skip 2 grades but only decided to skip 1 grade). AP courses are your best bet in this because if you do well on the AP exams, then you can have university credits in first-year completed.

It all depends on how you are currently doing in school as is. If you're not doing well or are around average, the school may not want you to take extra work because your academic performances may show that you cannot handle it. They would also want a reason as to why you want to graduate early, the most common reason is because of having extremely high grades at an earlier age and maintain them throughout, so you're not being challenged, already know what the content of the grade is, thus it's only in your best interests to graduate early. But if you're not in this situation, the school may not allow you.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: Graduating High School early? - September 24th 2010, 08:26 PM

What area in the world are you in? If you are in the USA, I'd recommend looking into dual-enrollment or post-secondary options where you enroll in college for high school credit. Sometimes you have to have a higher GPA and ACT or SAT score though.
  Send a message via AIM to MisplacedDreamer  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: Graduating High School early? - September 27th 2010, 01:28 AM

I did. I went to an online public high school. I finished high school in two years. It takes alot of effort, but since I was online I could work at my own pace and ahead of the class. I enjoyed.

Talk to your parents and your school counsilor. It should be possible, all schools have alternative programs now.

Good luck.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

Closed Thread