TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Work is stressing me out loads! - September 28th 2010, 04:47 PM

at work there is this person who constantly moans at me and nags me and its getting to the point where i feel im doing all the work, like today i get in at the same time as them when the preschool opens 11am to set up, so i put my bag in the kitchen and the usually stuff, go to the store cuboard unlock it, get the coat rack, the book rack and the drying rack out, and she starts moaning at me about the little cuboard, so i tell her ' in a minuet im just doing this' and then she moans at me 'little cubboard little cubboard little cubboard'. i dont want to say anything but i feel i should maybe say something to my manager, but at the same time i dont want to be the one who is complaining, i hate having to complain, but its just getting ridiculous now everytime this person is in she nags at me, moans at me, and talks about me behind my back, and then when im packing the cuboard and am having trouble getting things into the cuboard she starts telling me i want to go home i want to be out of here i need to go home. and last friday when she was doing this the small plastic tables were nearly falling on me and she moans at me does not help. maybe im just being abit up tight about things i dont know, maybe i shouldnt say anything, but i also feel i should say something, as im comming home each day and am just feeling so stressed because of this one person at work, today the kids were all around me, and all wanting the aprons put on them so they could do a painting, and she starts saying ' can you take this chair from me ive washed it come take this chair'. but i really dont want to complain, i feel i should but at the same time i feel i shouldnt complain about her, shes been working at the preschool longer than me, but shes always been moany but now i feel like its personal, im working more hours than her and since then i feel she has got in for me and thinks she can nag and boss me about. and to be honest it is stressing me out so much i dread going to work in case she is there. would i be right to maybe take my manager aside and have a quiet word with her about this person, or would it better to just leave it and talk to my tutor at college, ive tried talking to my mum and my mum has said just dont start any arguments. i do not plan on starting arguments i hate them but its getting to the point now where i feel its personal - simply because im working more hours than her. should i say something or just leave it even though this person at work is stressing me out ? (usually i get to work at 8.30am to set up for the preschool to open at 9.30am but on tuesdays we set up at 11am though im not usually in on tuesdays and usually only see this person 2 times a week )

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Work is stressing me out loads! - September 28th 2010, 09:54 PM

Are there any other people who work there aside from this person and yourself? When the children are not present, have you tried telling her to do whatever it is by herself because you're busy doing something else? Or when she says she wants to go home, have you asked her why she wants to go home because her moaning may be reduced if you give her some attention like you would for a small child? Another thing you could try, not sure how it would impact your job though, is to go back and forth to the washroom when you don't have to. If she doesn't do the set-up herself, then you could see she is either too lazy or inept at doing it. Take relatively long bathroom breaks and tell her you have an upset stomach, having the runs but it's not too severe that you'll make a mess of yourself around the children. Alternatively, could you ask your boss for a day or two off, to relax or for some other legit (or near legit) reason, which may leave her by herself and if she's inept or too lazy, then you would find that out and so would any possible person filling in for you (if there is such a person). If she cant handle things and it's that obvious, then the boss may consider having a talk with her.

I wouldn't directly say anything to the boss because it wouldn't look good on your part to say that the job is too stressful and blaming your co-worker who has been there for longer than you have. It wouldn't look good so I wouldn't do it. This indirect way can bring that issue to light even more without you being a bad light (don't tell the boss or her the actual reason though). Or, just wait until you do get sick then it is completely legit.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Work is stressing me out loads! - September 29th 2010, 04:00 PM

i only work two days, sometimes 3 days if i need to cover for someone. i cant take time off. but someone else i work with when she is there when im there aswell, has also said i wish she would stop mopeing around and moaning. so i know it is just not me shes getting to.

but its getting to me alot as i feel its directed at me, because of she has been there longer than me, and is now working less hours than me, and i am getting more pay than her. so it seems its directed at me maybe because she is jealous of me.

Videos team

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Work is stressing me out loads! - October 1st 2010, 03:23 AM

If that's the case, then your boss seems to be well aware of the situation and is giving you more pay to acknowledge your work while acknowledging she's moaning around doing not much. It seems a bit odd that she's not let go yet if such clear indications are happening. It puzzles me but I guess if she's good with the kids, or somehow has some influence, she's being kept there for that reason.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Work is stressing me out loads! - October 3rd 2010, 02:12 PM

i dont know, but she just moans the whole time, and tries to get me in trouble like when packing the cubaord after lifting heavy things and stuff i will stop to have a quick sip of some juice / squash / fizzy pop that i bought with me and she will suddenly go why have you stopped. and then she will say to my superviser or manager shes stopped shes drinking. when ive just lifted some heavy boxes, put things in the cuboard, and packed the bags. i only stopped for about 30 seconds to get a quick drink.

when all this woman has done is fold up a few tables and roll up some mats and maybe wash up a few things ? so im like oh so its okay for you not to do any work but when i want to stop and have a quick drink because im really thirsty its not okay ? she is good with the kids, but shes not always on time, on mondays we both come on shift at 12.45 so i always get there for 12.15 (half an hour early) and she turns up either 12.45 on the dot or a couple of minuets before shes ment to be in the building ten minuets before, and on tuesday when i worked and was covering for someone she turned up late and was all like you gotta open the little cuboard.

its like she wants everyone to be perfect everyone to run around after her and everything to evolve around her, at the end of the day she works in a preschool the world does not evolve around her!

Videos team

Closed Thread