TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ProjectD Offline
A Slave to Knowledge
Not a n00b

Name: Project

School Grades - December 3rd 2010, 04:37 AM

(School was the main problem here, so that is why I put this here)

I've been depressed for nearly 4 months over both my school and home life.
It's now more of school that is causing the depression rather than home.

It started with the split up of my parents. There would be nights where I honestly didn't want to do anything, so I did just that. My grades dropped and that honestly didn't help.

I'm a freshman in highschool and finished 8th grade with 4 A's, 3 B's. I had gotten into an Honors English class, Geometry (Most freshmen are in algebra, but for some reason I was put in that a year early, despite an F in pre-algebra) Spanish 1-2, Biology, and 2 periods of Video.

My best subjects (before video) were both English and Science. My science (along with every other classes except geometry) is fine grade wise, but English and Geometry and both F's.

I became depressed after learning that English had an F. That didn't help with the divorce and all, and would have been more focused on if it weren't for Geometry. I had also been failing that class, and if I wasn't able to take Geometry, I wouldn't be able to take Biology for some unnamed reason. (Biology is also a sophmore class). So I focused on that to keep my Biology, but didn't understand and continued failing. I then came to the point where I talked to my teacher about changing back into algebra. She said that since I ended it with a B, this is the class that I needed to be in.

So I focused on it more, trying to complete homework in order to help raise my grade. I would always come to a problem or two that I didn't understand how to complete, so I would bring it in and only get 1/2 credit. This continued for too long before the teacher decided two problems shouldn't matter much, but what do I know? I'm a failing student.

I then tried to talk to my English teacher, and told her about the split up. I was sent to my counselor, and told not to procrastinate as much, and she would email my lower grade teachers ( I had D's in Science and Spanish then, but they are now B's I believe) I didn't help much.

My English wasn't getting done after that simply because of my lack of effort. I didn't know what I was supposed to do, and didn't really give a damn. That, I do regret.

I kinda got used to being a low-grade student (despite 2 B's and an A, I was told if I failed Geometry, I would need to repeat my grade.) It was still depressing, and I got used to having my little effort being put in as my "best". I saw it as though I was going to fail no matter what. I can't do "make-up" work, so I might as well not try. That still feels somewhat correct.

We moved recently, also. I feel bad because I used to take the City Bus. and no longer know which route to take to my school. My mother has already yelled at me about how I never help and how she had to pack the whole house while I was off with my Hotchkin's diseased grandmother in Bakersfield for thanksgiving. She's been getting worse with it, and is now ranting over things like my sister's arguing on how to pronounce "Ouch".
I stay in the garage as my room. I chose it, and it is comfortable enough, but there were piles of boxes that weren't mine in the room. Out of anger I moved them out of my room, and into the house, and now she's pissed about it. I believe that nothing would have been done about them if they remained in my room, and now she wants me to do something about them now that they are piled up in the living room. I suppose that my mission was a success.

Semester finals are coming up now, and I believe I know most of the material (I'm still hoping to find time to study) But, with the finals percentages added, I think my grades will remain in the F range.

I honestly have no Idea what to do.

I am different.
I am strange.
I am creative.
I am destructive.
I am constructive.
I am trustworthy.
I am loving and forgiving.
These are the things that make me a Slave to Knowledge.
- ProjectD
"As a Slave to Knowledge I have the freedom to be as knowledgeable as I am ignorant."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ProjectD Offline
A Slave to Knowledge
Not a n00b

Name: Project

Re: School Grades - December 3rd 2010, 10:56 PM

Fuck this, someone just delete the topic already.

I am different.
I am strange.
I am creative.
I am destructive.
I am constructive.
I am trustworthy.
I am loving and forgiving.
These are the things that make me a Slave to Knowledge.
- ProjectD
"As a Slave to Knowledge I have the freedom to be as knowledgeable as I am ignorant."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Release9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: School Grades - December 9th 2010, 01:06 AM

Oh wow...
Firstly, sorry I didn't respond.
Okay, right now, I think you should focus on getting as high of a grade as possible on your finals.
If you don't like being in Geometry, then maybe you can be moved down to Algebra I.
I'm in junior high and I'm taking Algebra I, but if you're struggling the teacher will take you out of the class (I have an A though).
Maybe your teacher will agree...after all, the rest of your grade is in Algebra I and you might end up failing.
For English, you need to tell the teacher why you aren't getting the work done.
They can help you get the work down and out of the way.
I'm so sorry that I can't give you better information...but hope this helps!
PM me anytime!

Closed Thread