TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmyIsLegit Offline
(:
Average Joe

Name: Amy (:

Poetry - extreme help needed. - December 8th 2010, 11:49 PM

I have a poem due tomorrow (we have one night to do it.) I'm so confused on what to do... And I even emailed my teacher. We have to write a poem[Doesn't have to rhyme. It can basically be like a story put in stanzas.] I suck at poetry though. I have no inspiration on what to write. I have two choices to choose between as a beginning sentence.

Choice #1; I thought I knew a lot about life at age 13....(I'm 13.)
Choice #2; I know who I am.. but no one else does.

I have to use one of those. This is what my teacher said to me when I asked about it...

"If you're choosing the first one, you need to "look inside" yourself and find something that you need inspiration for. For me, I was trying to inspire myself to prepare for fatherhood. For someone your age, it might be something as simple as being a good friend to someone who needs it, being a better student (not that you need help with that), being more open with your feelings, being a better athlete, whatever.

If you change gears and end up doing the second one, you're basically describing the REAL you... the one that only very few truly know. I don't know if this helped..."

So that kind of explains it.. but I just don't know what to do. My mom said to do it(First choice) on how I'm scared to go in front of people, but I don't know if that's good. Ugh.. Just please help if you can. Thanks ):

Second chances; They don't matter.
People never change.
  Send a message via AIM to AmyIsLegit Send a message via MSN to AmyIsLegit Send a message via Yahoo to AmyIsLegit Send a message via Skype™ to AmyIsLegit 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Random_Hero Offline
Not a n00b

Name: armand

Re: Poetry - extreme help needed. - December 8th 2010, 11:54 PM

extream help needed.... sounds like a good title start there ...if that sounds good pm me and ill help some more
  Send a message via Yahoo to Random_Hero Send a message via Skype™ to Random_Hero 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Random_Hero Offline
Not a n00b

Name: armand

Re: Poetry - extreme help needed. - December 9th 2010, 12:00 AM

i know who i am but no one else dose , maby ill show you the me that ive chose, can i be solid like the rock in the ground , can i be fluid like the peace that ive found, .... idk i like poetrylol
  Send a message via Yahoo to Random_Hero Send a message via Skype™ to Random_Hero 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Release9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Poetry - extreme help needed. - December 9th 2010, 12:56 AM

Pick one and get started.
If you don't have anything, then do the other one.
What might help is jotting down ideas and putting them into verse later.
Hope this helps!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Poetry - extreme help needed. - December 9th 2010, 01:38 AM

Lol... I write a lot of stuff like it, but it's more like songwriting. But this is enough to get me started

I thought I knew a lot about life aged thir-teen
But now I realise wat a jerk I've been
Never appreciated wat my familly's really worth to me
Felt like my mum wished she didn't give birth to me
Always had a nerve in me, nothing concerning me
And learned to answer back before I learned to read
But grew up, and realised inherently
That I depend on her, and she depends on me

Pls only take ideas from what I wrote... I'm trying to imagine a 13 year old reading that out in class, and it'd sound tbh... a bit, strange. lol, good luck.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Closed Thread